Navy Blue

It had been some months since the accident, and as guilt had slowly drained itself bit by bit from Adrien's conscience since Marinette showed speedy recovery.

He had to admit surprise at her enthusiasm of the entire scenario. Every day he visited her, she always had some new observation in the pale hospital room. Be it the flickering lights, the wall patterns or even the food art she made.

He usually brought her books, such as the Arabian Nights, Dracula, The Hound of Baskerville, and plenty more classics. However, she usually stuck to traditional light stories, when he had asked her why, she had told him as, "It was a way to escape bitter reality to my promised Neverland."

He happily took the opportunity to walk to school, as the car had...somehow...broken down this morning.

Adrien might've skipped if he could, but the small genuine smile and his bright Emerald Green eyes said everything. After all, he was walking less stiffly than usual, it felt good to be outside! He looked at the sky which was quickly filling with clouds. A small doubt crossed his mind before he disregarded it and kept up his happy pace towards the school.

He then felt a drop of water on his head. He stopped walking and looked up to see it slowly drizzle, before a sudden increase and it was a shower. Adrien quickly fumbled with his pocket latch and took out the black Umbrella. For once, Nathalie's stubbornness had come in handy! He quickly opened the Umbrella and made his way.

**

Marinette woke up, a soft groan of annoyance leaving her lips as she turned off her alarm and closed her eyes again. Her redbird, Tikki chirped happily when Marinette suddenly remembered, she was going back to school!

She jumped and literally flew downstairs, skipping the stairs and face-planting onto the floor. Tikki gave a squeak of surprise, her feathers in a ragged manner as Marinette took her in her hands, "Oh my sweet Northern Cardinal I am so sorry. You know how clumsy I am. I'm just really excited to get back to school! I'll see Alya, Nino and Adrien! Stacy will feed you throughout the day, I won't have that brunette feed you anymore! I'm sorry I didn't notice how she didn't properly feed you! I hope today goes well and I...don't have to deal with Chloe..."

Marinette sighed, but smiled as Tikki rubbed her feathery head against her palms. Marinette laughed, "Tikki, that tickles!" The bird then flew over to her owner's clock, giving a slow peck on the top as Marinette realized school would begin soon. She quickly got into her decided garments and securing the straps of her shoe gave her companion a small kiss, "Oh what would I do without you! You have been here a few weeks and you know me already!"

Tikki had been an inured bird who found refuge upon the balcony of Marinette Dupain Cheng, a loyal animal who kept visiting even after healing. Marinette had based the name off of her online friend Tikki, who loved red as well. Tikki thought it was very ironic on the bird being red.

Tikki and Marinette met at a cross school competition, and became great friends online. Tikki was moreover a godmother than friend, like Alya. Tikki had told her about her best friend Plagg, and said she lost contact with him after school. His number was changed and his address apartment was empty. Marinette believed Tikki liked Plagg, but she always denied it sputtering, which didn't ease the bluenette's doubts.

Marinette got to walk to school, firstly as she insisted, and even when declined the car faced mechanical issues, much to her advantage. She stepped out the gates and began walking, however midway...boom!

Thunder rolled away as rain poured above, and she stood under the hedges thinking. Home was far as well as school, and she would be soaking wet either way. What was she to do? The one day she doesn't have an umbrella on her! Oh dear, they will imprison her and never let her walk again! As if the accident hadn't numbered her recklessness on her father's account, this would certainly have her moved to a tower in a forest and no hero would ever find her!