Memories

The catering for the next Agreste event was quite important, so Adrien found himself stuck with Marinette again. This time however, in his own room. This time they paid a visit to the Agreste mansion.

Him and Marinette stayed on the tip of the iceberg and tried indulging in a conversation until it felt silent. Adrien just read another edition of Sherlock Holmes as Marinette observed his room. It was as big as hers with a climbing rock wall and an arcade game. He also had a very wide array of CDs, and a lot of films, games and movies. She also spotted the shelves with books filled in them, all alphabetically arranged.

"Do you mind if I try to find some book to read?" She asked at the edge of his staircase, her hand on the banister.

"Yeah sure, whatever you need."

He said without looking up, the sound of paper filling the air. Marinette made her way up to the second floor of his room and looked around the choices.

John Green, Bram Stoker, William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens and plenty more. It was quite hard to figure out who's book she must read. She saw a shadow on one of the books and took it out, to discover a leather covered book behind.

This one had no title nor author sign, just a...diary? Is that what it was? Marinette took it out and went downstairs, "Hey Adrien, is this some diary?"

She saw Adrien look up and give a incredulous look at the diary. He took it and scanned the contents of the first pages, and then broke out the sun from behind the clouds of expressions. He smiled.

"This...this is my mother's diary. It seems what father said was true, she liked keeping track of my life's events in these, there even appears to be photos. I suppose since you're the one to find this piece of...my life, you have every right to demand a price."

"Price?"
"An exchange. Anything you'd like."

"Anything?"

"It's poor phrasing, but yes, anything."

"Can you let me read your mother's diary?"

Adrien was slightly taken aback, she could buy anything she'd like or demand anything, and he had risked a lot saying anything to her. He slowly nodded, she deserved it of course. And he did say anything...His loss.

"Ok, so her first entry is."

"No! Not yet!"

He stopped and closed the diary, giving her a confused look. "My mother also like preserving memories, if I look hard enough I might find the diary of the same year. Exchange in other words, I owe you too for letting me hear something so personal."

He thought about it for a minute before nodding, and so she happily skipped away that day to her mansion's basement.

There were a lot of webs she had to stick through, and nearly some heavy boxes toppled over on to her head, but at the very end she found the box containing her mother's possessions, one of them being the diary. And lucky she felt as Marinette discovered it was of the same year.

Next day at school, Marinette happily followed Adrien to the park. She was truly excited, and didn't read the diary even though it was so special. She hadn't been able to sleep, and nearly drowsed in her classes if not for her BFF Alya Cesaire.

Adrien also had a small smile on his face the entire day, he hadn't read the diary either though. He felt it would be intrusion and somewhat breaking their promise, and it would be different to read it with her. He felt he could trust her.

Sitting on the bench by the park, they sat as Marinette chirped on and on.

"Ok, Ms. Dupain Cheng, you go ahead first.''

And so they began reading their mothers' lives back then.