But In My Dreams

𝓑𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓮

When I got back home, I felt as if nothing could ruin my day

When I got back home, I felt as if nothing could ruin my day. I never wanted to leave Ariana's presence. Her aura was beautiful and strong, I feel like a better person when I'm around her.

"Thank you, Matt." I thanked my guard as he opened my door for me. I got out and opened the trunk to the convertible. I got out the groceries I had purchased earlier at the supermarket and didn't even have them in my hands before the staff took them from me.

All I want is to just put the groceries away myself.

I let Shark out of the car and put his leash on. It's funny how my step-mother says he needs to be on a leash unless he's outside. She could care less if he ran away. Even if it were to negatively affect me, she would be glad the "mutt" is gone.

I was escorted through the double doors of the mega estate. People think I'm so lucky to live here, and in some ways I am. I never have to worry about having a roof over my head, or food on the table. But this house is spotless 99% of the time. There is only one single family portrait in the library, every other picture of the house is just random expensive art from universities and museums around the world. My step-mom says that having too many family pictures around the house is immature, and it ruins the look of the home.

"Billie? What are you doing here? Did the staff miss a luggage?"

Speak of the devil.

"I'm here because I live here." I answered under my breath, but as soon as I heard her loud heels announce her arrival to the million dollar foyer I answered louder with a more appropriate response. "What do you mean?"

"Well, the driver was supposed to take you straight-" Step mother was interrupted by my father.

Ever since we lost mom, he was never the same. I mean he married this piece of royal garbage named Barbara. He seemed to have forgotten what being a dad is.

If there is one thing he and Mark have in common, it's that they both believe that power is pain.

"Billie, the hell have you been? You know you're to be home by 8 every night! I should-" He cut himself off as he approached me. I flinched backwards and put my hands up. I did in fact expect for him to hit me. It would most certainly not be the first time.

"Patrick, don't! Remember last time the paparazzi got her, she made headlines because there was a bruise on her cheek. We don't need that kind of press on our names. Not right before the wedding at least." Barbara intervened. I let my guard down and internally scoffed at the fact that Barbara only stopped him because of reputation. Forget a reputation, my own father is abusing me right in front of your eyes.

"Get your air-headed ass to the Cadillac. You no longer live here." He spat, taking an opportunity to push me back into the front doors. I winced at the doorknobs colliding with my lower back. He walked off and so did Barbara, I just wanted to scream at them. But I refrained.

"Miss O'Connell, please come with us." Staff said, I grew majorly confused. Where exactly am I going?

In the back of the Cadillac SUV I laid my head against the window, waiting in an endless limbo. A void. An abyss with no real entrance or exit. Shark laid in my lap, oblivious to it all. I could've had him trained to help defend me, but both father and step-mother made it clear that if they saw him intervene just once, he was done. I can't lose my baby Shark.

I was exhausted from the surprisingly glorious day I had, but I didn't want to sleep on the way to wherever. I feared whatever the destination was.

The drive was about 27 minutes long with light traffic. I planned to ice my lower back as soon as I could, I already felt the bruising commence.

We ended up at another mansion. I had never been here before. Just the driveway portion before the gate was extremely lengthy. I wondered if my parents had bought me a house, since I'm an adult now. Well I've been an adult for over a year already. I almost smiled at the thought of finally having my own place.

We drove through the gate and around the round driveway. We stopped in front of the double doors and I let myself smile. The front doors opened and my smile dropped.

Mark.

"Baby! You like it? A gift from my parents to us." He held his hand up and shouted loudly as if I couldn't hear him from inside the car.

He opened my door, letting Shark out and pulling me out by my arm aggressively. I looked at the mansion, and hated how much it resembled my parents' house. I knew this house was going to be just as loveless as my parents' house.

"Our place! We'll live here together, be a real couple together, have a family here, make love here." I looked emotionlessly at the front doors of my new prison. He kissed my neck and dragged me inside.

Like an excited boy who just learned about sex, he showed me around the mansion, not even shutting up once. I wanted to cry with the amount of times he mentioned a family, as if we would be one big loving family in this house. All I saw for my future in this house was screaming, hitting, fighting, violence, crying. All I saw was everything I didn't want. Crimes would be committed in this house. And he will be the culprit.

I sat on the edge of the California King sized bed of our bedroom

I sat on the edge of the California King sized bed of our bedroom. Which was mainly white. The double doors had a big gold 'Carrington' as the handle, just to remind me of where I am.

I was wearing a light blue silk night set, a button up long sleeve shirt and matching pants. I stared at the floor, bored and tired. I didn't even want to sleep in the same room as him. He didn't even let Shark in, because apparently Shark has his own room. Shark always sleeps in my bed with me.

There was no one else in the room besides us. No witnesses. I didn't want him trying anything as I laid asleep beside him.

I know we are taught to use better words than a simple "scared" or "afraid". Because using bigger words makes you seem more educated, but in this case the simple words do me more justice.

I'm scared.

I'm afraid.

I laid facing away from him, on my side of the bed. But still, he rolled over to my side and spooned me from behind.

"Go away." I told him. He scoffed,

"Try to hate me all you want. You're stuck with me, might as well give in." His hand crept around my stomach, towards the waistband of my pants. I quickly took his hand off and pushed back over to his side.

"Do not touch me." I told him. He scoffed again,

"Within these walls, you are powerless, Billie. As long as you're in a room with me, you will always be the one out of control. You just wait." It was like he threatened me so casually. He turned back over to his side and I sighed, holding in tears of absolute displeasure.