Silly Me To Fall In Love With You

𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚

I woke up before Miss Bossa Nova did

I woke up before Miss Bossa Nova did. These mornings I had been waking up earlier. She's always on my mind and she keeps me up even though I look forward to seeing her in my dreams every night.

She always looks so safe when she sleeps on my chest. I smiled to myself, watching her sleep. Shark beside us slept just as peacefully. He hates sleeping away from Billie. He's about as connected to Billie as Billie is to me. And I love the bond.

"Good morning." I heard, I looked down and saw those big, bright, almost scary eyes. So now they're a light icy blue. Beautiful.

"Morning, beautiful. How'd you sleep?" I asked sweetly.

"Amazing, for once I didn't have nightmares or sleep paralysis." She sighed in relief, making me smile.

"Shall we have breakfast?" I suggested, she nodded.

"We should go out somewhere."

"Ok, where?"

"I've never been to IHOP so, there?" I gasped at her statement.

"You haven't lived until I came into your life, huh?" I teased her.

"I'll take that with a small pinch of salt. Because I could tell you about all the places I've been and how miserable I had been in every single place. Or about everything I've gotten to learn or experience because of my privileged status, but I couldn't tell you that I truly lived through any of it." She admitted, I only looked at her in response. But eventually I found the right words to say back.

"You've definitely been through quite the experience. Just all the wrong ones. In fact, where did we leave off on your list of things you wanted to do?" I brought up her cute list that she made.

Majority of the events on that list were things I or anyone else had done several times in their lives already, but it made me realize that she really did notice the littlest things. She caught the details and daydreamed about making other people's memories her own.

It was my privilege to allow her to go through this list that she never thought she would start.

"We did leave off on having breakfast at a diner or other famous breakfast place. Then it's thrifting and star-gazing. But I don't think we can do that here." She said, I nodded in understanding and voiced my suggestion.

"Not here, but we'll make it happen. You just wait. K, the morning breath conversations are cute, but my tongue feels dirty and I ought to clean it." I cut our conversation short, only because I wanted to take advantage of our early start to our day.

If we go to IHOP in the later hours of the morning more people will be there, I don't want us being interrupted or caught. I have a feeling that if someone who worked for the Carringtons or the O'Connells saw her, they would do anything in their power to get her back behind the gates of hell that is Billie and Mark's mansion. Billie isn't ready for that and I know that wax haired plastic piece of shit isn't ready either.