I've Been Loved Before

⚠️abuse⚠️

𝓑𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓮

Just like he said, we left just after midnight and in secret

Just like he said, we left just after midnight and in secret. Paying the staff to keep it hush and say that we had to leave because of an emergency at our house.

I waited in the backseat of the Cadillac sedan hugging the white button up I was brought here in. It's Ariana's and by now her smell has gone extinct in it. But it's all I have left of her.

Once all the bags were loaded into the back, Mark got in the back with me and told the driver to go. I sat on the right side of the seats and he sat on the left. I rested my head on the window and tried to sleep because I was exhausted and in pain. Once he rested his hand on my thigh, I was wide awake. I almost cried right then and there. I haven't slept a full night in so long.

We drove through the city that was surprisingly still alive. Perhaps it's because it's black friday and a holiday weekend.

I looked out the window, watching people waiting outside stores to get a bit of the huge sale that would happen once the store opened. I saw teenagers with their friend groups, drinking hot chocolate and laughing together. I saw a mother put her sleeping child in the back of her car, kissing the child's forehead before closing the car door. I saw a couple kissing outside of a roller derby. I just want to live a normal life like that.

I kept studying the people as we drove by them, we got caught at a red light so I took a better look at some of their faces.

I saw a group of three, it seemed like they were asking a man for directions. There was a gorgeous short platinum blonde with a high ponytail, a slightly taller short haired blonde and a tall girl with long black hair. I took a double take and looked in disbelief.

"Ariana..." I whispered, quiet enough for only me to hear. There's no way. Ariana, Ryujin, and Yuna were right there, on the sidewalk.

"You know, what if they're twins? Two strong boys my oh my." Mark said, but it slipped my mind as my hand grabbed the door handle. But the child safety lock is on, the door wouldn't open for me.

So close yet so fucking far.