Like I Was Made For You

𝓑𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓮

I felt the IV on my finger, breathing tubes up my nostrils

I felt the IV on my finger, breathing tubes up my nostrils. A smooth small hand in mine. An ass-whooping headache. Where am I? What happened?

All I remember is seeing Ariana, then going unconscious. Did she save me? Am in the hospital?

Well, I just stated that I felt the IV and breathing tubes. My dumbass. Guess I'm still fucking stupid. Maybe more than before because I can't remember anything.

Gentle singing caught my attention.

"Halley's Comet comes around more than I do..." The voice hummed beautifully. Never getting tired of the sweet lala's she sings in my ear.

"Ariana." I whispered, unable to open my eyes. It was like they were glued shut.

"I'm right here. You're awake, oh my god. I have to tell Ryujin and Yuna to hurry up from the store." I heard her voice, laughing through tears. I nearly smiled, but I wasn't strong enough.

"Say it." I told her, my throat was beyond dry, but I didn't care.

"Good morning, My Billie Bossa Nova. Happy late birthday and Merry Christmas. This is the best Christmas present ever." She squealed, kissing my hand. I finally smiled. I smiled. I felt warm.

"Yeah, I know I am." I retorted, making her sob harder. I forced my eyes open, using her visual as an incentive. And it was only worth it, seeing her ethereal blonde locks. One of my hoodies draped over her small body. She was still so beautiful even though she was crying and looked like she hadn't slept in too long.

"Beautiful." I whispered.

"I love you." She told me for the first time. I smiled again.

"I love you, too."

Some hours later, I had been checked by the doctor

Some hours later, I had been checked by the doctor. I'm on the road to a strong recovery. A lengthy one, but a strong one.

Ariana laid in the bed with me, cuddling deeply into my side. I touched her hair and skin, missing the feeling of it on my hands. The day I take her everything for granted will never come, because I will never allow it.