Chapter 10: Hopeful Curiosity

The gang is huddled around each other at the Jam and Roller rink. Ámbar proceeds to glance over her clipboard that carries the original sign-up sheet. "So, Ámbar, do we have enough members to make up a team for the competition." Ámbar quickly looks Luna in the eyes and decides to call out the list of names. "The official Jam and Roller team members are Luna, Simon, Matteo, Gaston, Ramiro, Jim, Delfi, Pedro and Jazmin." Everyone starts counting with their fingers but before anyone gets the chance to start counting, Gaston and Nina both yell out "that's nine members, we're missing one." Luna rollers towards Ámbar. "Ámbar you're not on the list. Are you going to join us? Please, pretty please join us. Whether you would like to admit it or not, you're one of the best roller skaters out there and we need you."

Ámbar takes a big gulp of air, processing everything that's going on. Luna's pout with her watery eyes has made Ámbar reconsider her decision. Before she always wanted the worst for Luna, but the past few years has made them become inseparable. She now views Luna as her younger sister plus being the manager of the gang's favorite place has made her feel as everyone's bigger sister, being the mature one. Ambar gives in. "Fine, I'll do it. Especially since you guys need me so much. You guys aren't wrong though, I am the best," Ámbar jokes. The whole gang cheers, everyone jumps up and down and excitement enters the room.

Everyone is huddled as they all set their hands out and chant, "ready! One, two, three Jam and Roller!" Juliana enters through the chaos of excitement. "Opa opa! Seems like the group has never separated and feels closer than ever." The gang all turn around facing her, their faces show signs of shock. No one was expecting this except one certain person in the room. "Juliana! You're back! Wait how did you know we got the team back together for a competition?" Simón asks. "A little birdy called me and said that a certain team needed my help so I came as quick as I can." The whole gang starts whispering, wondering who was it that reached out to her. Luna gives Ámbar and Simón a little smirk.

"So have you guys chosen which song you all are going to skate to?" Juliana questions. "Nope," Ámbar answers. That's when the idea hits Simón. "I have an idea! Maybe not only the team gets back together for this competition, but also the band? What do you guys say, Nico, Pedro?" Simón suggests. Nico and Pedro look at each other in disbelief and with a loss of words. "Uhh yes of course! You have no idea how long I've missed playing on the drums," Pedro states. "And you guys have no idea how long I've missed collaborating the three of us together again," Nico chimes in. "I guess that settles it. The band is back!!" Simón announces. The room is filled with so many emotions as everyone is so excited about what's to come next. True nostalgia and memories really do start coming back to them since working together and competing to save their beloved place truly brings them back to old times. Just like how Matteo and Luna wouldn't stop stealing glances at each other through the midst of it all.

This competition will be fierce including what's called two stages. The first stage is the basic entry in which they record a video of their performance, the second stage is where they have the official competition. They first though have to make it through the first stage. For the next few days, Juliana tries to prepare them with some exercises since it has been years some of them roller skated. Then they gradually learned again how to do some simple routines as pairs then as groups. Before the gang knew it, in a week they have mastered all the skills and are ready to practice the actual choreography for the performance. Luna and Matteo still haven't talked much though, yet they're constant staring proves to show that they still miss and love each other.

Monday Evening at the Jam and Roller (after about a week and a half)

Juliana tells the gang that they can rest, and training has just finished. The group has finally mastered the double turns alignment but are struggling with air spins. Matteo heads over to Luna like old times, while she's drinking water near the rails. "What's the matter Chica Delivery? Has all the training finally tired you out?" Matteo flirtatiously says. Luna tries to hide her blushed cheeks and smirks at his comment. "Chico fresa you know that can never happen. My internal adrenaline is endless." Luna and Matteo begin to laugh. Luna stops once she remembers why she was trying to avoid him for the longest. "Matteo don't think I forgot everything that has happened." She begins to stare at the floor, holding back a tear. "I've already apologized, what more do you want?" Matteo begs.