Chapter 12: I'll Be There

Ámbar runs into her apartment with tears falling on her face. She tries to escape into her bedroom, but Simón catches her before she's able to. "Ámbar, what happened? Why are you crying?" Simón guides her to the couch and she cries on his shoulder in the comfort of his arms. Tears smearing the mascara all over her face. "Remember when I told you I had a meeting with some students from Law school. Well, the truth is I wasn't going to meet for any school project, I went to go talk to my biological mom," Ámbar tells Simón. "Look I didn't mean to lie; I just didn't feel like hearing anyone tell me how bad of an idea it was. I felt like I owed that moment to myself, to discover more who I am before I married you."

   "Ámbar I would've never stopped you and you know I always support you on every decision and step you make. Us getting married means that we have to trust each other. You have to trust me that I'll always be here for you no matter what. I know it's tough, to try to discover more who you are. That happened when Luna was trying to discover from who and where she came from." Ámbar nods and wipes away her tears from the tissue Simón gave her. "It didn't even matter anyways since part of me doesn't believe her but then the other part of me wants to. It made sense everything she said but still hurts, a lot," Simón holds her tight as she tells him everything Sylvania told her.

   "Originally I was considering on meeting Sharon as well to have some questions answered but I don't want to end up feeling hurt again and in tears like today. Maybe I should just leave everything in the past... I don't know," Ámbar says. "I know this can be very hard for you but if that's what you want, I think it's a good idea, to speak to Sharon even just a little if you're ready. Maybe it can tie some loose ends, and you can finally have some of those questions answered. That's the least you deserve." Ámbar stares to her lap and thinks about it for a second. Simón gently holds her hand and lets her know, "I will always be here, whether you decide to go talk to Sharon or not. I'll be here every step of the way." Ámbar holds out her arms and gives Simón a tight hug. She kisses him on the cheek and lays her gentle face on his shoulders again.

Jam and Roller

   It's the next morning and the whole gang is huddled around Delfi as she prepares their skating video. The nerves crowd the air as she finishes the project on her computer. "Done! It's ready you guys," she exclaims. Some are anxiously sipping their shakes while others are tightly holding on to their companions. Pedro stares in awe and shows how proud he is of his soulmate and the whole gang. "You guys this is just the first step into making this dream, the Jam and Roller, stay alive and come true. You all should be proud because we have finally came together, worked hard and did an awesome skating routine. We got this," Luna announces. "On ready, one, two, three... Jam and Roller!!" the gang all chant.

   Delfi presses the button on her computer and it's official, the video has been sent to the competition's organization. After sharing a group hug with Juliana, they resume to their posts. "Since today is a special day in which we sent the video, I'm willing to give you guys this day off. Enjoy it, you all truly deserve it after how hard you guys have been working," Juliana lets the team know at the rink. Gastón heads over to where Matteo is at and says, "hmm well someone seems to be saved by the bell."

   "You're right, speaking of which I'm so excited to finally sing that song, I've been working on for Luna. I spent all night practicing it hoping she forgives me, and everything can get back to normal. I hope this plan works," Matteo chuckles. "Don't worry amigo, everything will be fine and lately I've been seeing her in a much happier mood. I think she even probably forgot about the arguments and such," Gastón suggests. "Yeah, I hope so."