Chapter 13: Slipped Away

Matteo shakily takes off his guitar and jumps off stage to run after Luna. The crowd of screaming fans get a hold of him and try to keep him from leaving. The security guards all line up to get Matteo out of the pit. One bodyguard runs beside him to keep him safe as he exits the arena. When he enters the parking the lot, Luna is already gone. "Luna! Luna! Luna, please answer me!" He yells out to the night sky above. There's no answer. He has no choice but to go back inside to the arena and finish the concert since it's part of his job.

   Nina runs backstage and looks for Gastón. When she finds him, she begins to scold him. "Gastón, what went through you guys' heads as having Matteo and Viviana kiss knowing Luna was going to attend his concert! She's devastated now." Gaston's facial expression grows worrisome. "Kiss?!! That wasn't part of the plan at all. On the contrary, we were going to have Matteo afterward sing a special song that he composed for Luna so she can take him back and forgive him. He was going to publicly apologize." Nina looks at him confused. "What? But that's not what happened at all?" Matteo dashes into his dressing room all red with watery eyes. Gastón and Nina rush in behind him. "I lost her. I've officially lost her. She will never take me back after this," Matteo stutters. He sees that Nina is in the room. "Nina where is she? I need to talk to her. The last time I saw her she was dancing with you. You must know where she is?" Matteo gives Nina a flood of questions. "Matteo, I have no idea. She stormed out of the place without me. I tried chasing after her too till I lost her. She hasn't responded to any of my phone calls and messages." Matteo sits down on the chair and doesn't talk, just stares at the ground feeling hopeless. He looks up at Gastón and admits, "I'm such an idiot. All this time Luna was trying to show me the signs of how Viviana did like me and was trying to break us apart. I called her jealous and let that woman manipulate me and destroy our relationship all for some five seconds of fame. I let Luna slip away through the cracks of my hand and now there's no way back."

Next Morning

   Luna is on her bed, huddled around used tissues and empty ice cream tubs. Nina knocks on her door. "Luna, may I come in?" Luna yells "yes" and Nina enters her room, to her it's no surprise there's a mess. "Oh Luna, I know you feel awful but I'm telling you it's not what you think."

            "I know exactly what it is

"I know exactly what it is. At first, I thought I was the crazy one, assuming that Viviana liked him but no I was right. Can't believe he listened to her instead of me and now she has him wrapped around her manicured fingernail." Luna gets up facing Nina. "You know I don't want to live my life being with someone who will never listen to a thing I say and always try to argue with me. Matteo and I are just not compatible, we're not meant to be and it's time I come to terms with that," Luna claims. "Luna, maybe you should go talk to him and work things out. Yes, he did do all those things but I can guarantee you that he feels bad for committing all of these mistakes. Maybe you should give him this chance to speak to you?" Luna shakes her head. "No Nina, I'm done with all this drama. Plus, we've got more important stuff to worry about such as Ámbar and Simón's wedding and the Jam and Roller team's competition. We have a lot more serious responsibilities to deal with. I'm not letting this stupid drama get in between any of that."