Chapter 15: Close to Fingertips

The competition is only a week away and the gang are intensely practicing for the upcoming finale. Luckily, Emilia had arrived just in time from her flight from Cancun. She has been playing a big help in advancing the team's skill of skating. Matteo had been giving Luna her time away, but they haven't stopped stealing glances from each other. Matteo wishes it was as easy as just going up to her and making things back to normal. He still feels hope that they will get back together since she hasn't ever taken off her strawberry and moon necklace that Matteo had gifted Luna a long time ago.

   Everything seems to be going according to plan. Simón, Nico, and Yam have finalized the way they'll perform with the new song. When everyone takes a break, Luna rollers to Nina. "You all were amazing out there," Nina compliments Luna.

   "Thanks! Yeah, the choreography is coming out very nicely," Luna responds. "Yep, I also saw some wondering eyes between two love birds." Luna gives Nina 'that' look of annoyance. "What? I'm not saying anyone in particular, it's just I can totally tell that you guys still have feelings for each other."

   Emilia and Ámbar head over beside Luna. "Wow can't believe all that happened and you two are now sisters," Emilia chuckles. "Yep, we've had crazy lives, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love having this dork around," Ámbar jokingly hits Luna in the shoulder. "So how has life been for you, oh and is Benicio still your boyfriend?" Luna asks. "Was. He was my boyfriend. I broke up with him when I couldn't tolerate him anymore. I decided to take time for myself to discover more who I am and what I really like. Eventually, in my period of being alone I found a girlfriend. I realized that I only like girls. Her name is Patty. She's a darling." Ámbar and Luna stare at each other with excitement. "Wow Emilia, that's exciting, also I bet my whole wallet Patty is way, like way better than Benicio. No one can put up with that man," Luna mentions. "Oh, you're absolutely right hahaha. I feel much freer and happier getting to also spend some time with my family while I attend my last year of university and skate in my free time," Emilia tells the gang.

   "Emilia I just want to say thank you so much for coming to the rescue for us. This place means the most to us all and you being a part of saving it with us truly means a lot," Ámbar acknowledged. "Of course. Anything for my cute soon - to - be - wife friend and my freaky moon girl," Emilia joked.

Rodeo Bay Studios

   As Matteo walks out of the office, he sees a familiar face walk by. He could've sworn he's seen this girl from one of Jazmín's videos online. "Bia? Aren't you that girl who makes those videos for the Fundom," Matteo asks. The girl with long brunette hair stops in her tracks. "Yes, I am, and I don't think we've met," Bia takes out her hand towards Matteo. "Oh yes sorry I'm Matteo. I've seen all of your videos. My friends Jazmín and Delfi work with you guys and the Fundom so that's how I know and seen you guys' videos. They're all awesome," Matteo marvels.

   "Aw that's sweet! I really appreciate the nice comments and my friends will too especially them knowing it's coming from the one and only Matteo Balsano. We loved your Alla Voy album," Bia compliments. "Thanks, I really appreciate it."

   Bia sees Matteo's grin slowly turn to a frown when he sees a vase of sunflowers on the table. "What's the matter?"

   "Sorry it's just sunflowers are Luna's favorite flowers since they're yellow which is also her favorite color. I feel like wherever I go, I can't stop thinking about her. Everything reminds me of her," Matteo confesses. "Ah I see, is that your crush," Bia questions.

   "She's more than that for me. We've had a long history and past. We recently broke up and she forgave me but doesn't feel ready for a relationship. I've been giving her some time but some part of me feels like she'll never want to get back together with me," Matteo explains. "You should tell this to her. Be open about what's been going on and how you feel about her. Tell her you don't want to wait anymore. It's important to have communication on both sides. You'll never know how she feels unless you tell her first. She would appreciate the effort. Sometimes the little things are what count the most," Bia advised.

   "Thank you, you're right I should tell her how I feel. It's the only way things will be clear. Sorry to bombard you by the way, with my problems," Matteo apologizes. "It's okay, don't worry about it. Getting to talk here with you helped getting my mind off of everything going on with the Moondust contracts," Bia giggles. Matteo waves bye to Bia and heads out of the place.

   Luna enters the cafeteria with Nina and Gastón carrying their luggage. "Luggage, what's that for?" Luna chuckles. "Luna, you haven't heard, the competition will be held in Italy," Nina explained. "What? I didn't know? No one told me this information," Luna begins to frantically check her phone. "It's okay Luna you still have a few hours to pack your bags, Gastón and I always plan ahead and prepare early. Don't worry I'll help you." Luna and Nina dash out of the Jam and Roller and head to the Benson/Valente Mansion.

   Matteo enters the Jam and Roller with his luggage in his hands and heads straight to Gastón. "Wow amigo I'm shocked you packed early. Ayyy we're now even bag buddies!" Gastón and Matteo chuckle while giving each other a side hug. "So, have you seen Luna anywhere? I have something important to tell her."

   "No, she just left with Nina

   "No, she just left with Nina. They're planning to pack her bags since she didn't know Italy was the competition's location," Gastón elaborates. "I'm happy that I get to see my family again. I miss them a lot but I'm worried there's a chance Luna may not see my family since she's still upset at me. I'm planning to tell her the truth and confess my feelings for her. That's the only way I'll be able to lift the weight off my shoulders," Matteo whispers.

   "I think it's a great idea, but I don't think you should tell her now. She's already very tense with the competition and is even forgetting stuff too," Gastón advised. "Oh, you know how Lunita is, always clumsy and forgetful! Now guys here is the Jam and Roller before we leave. Everyone is extremely nervous and stressed about the competition coming up, isn't it all so exciting!" Jazmin exclaims while filming all around.

   Delfi walks to where Jazmín is. "Jazmin shouldn't you be packing your bags too," she remarked. "Oh yes that's right!" Jazmín shoves Delfi the tablet while it's still filming. Delfi faces it to her and says, "I guess 'Lunita' is not the only one forgetting things today."