𝟑| 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝

CHAPTER THREE:

BANISHED

THE SEVEN, including Odin, went through the Bifrost and out of Jotunheim, where they soon found themselves back in Asgard

THE SEVEN, including Odin, went through the Bifrost and out of Jotunheim, where they soon found themselves back in Asgard. Sif, Volstagg and Hogun all surrounded Fandral, who was quietly groaning in pain from the stab.

"Why did you bring us back?" Thor asks his father in anger.

"Do you realize what you've done? What you've started?" Odin questions back.

"I was protecting my home." Thor defends.

"You cannot even protect your friends! How can you hope to protect a kingdom?" Odin asks, tossing the sword back to Heimdall, then looking to the other Gods. "Get him to the healing room! Now!"

Obeying, Volstagg and Hogun wrap Fandral's arms around their shoulders as the three men and Sif all begin walking out and onto the bridge. Looking over her shoulder, Sif gives Y/n a concerned look, only to receive a nod back. The Goddess gives the other Goddess a nod in return before continuing on walking.

"There won't be a kingdom to protect if you're afraid to act. The Jotuns must learn to fear me, just as they once feared you." Thor states.

Loki and Y/n glance at one another, the God grabbing the Goddess' hand and holding it in his as they listen to the father and son continuously arguing about Thor's actions.

"That's pride and vanity talking, not leadership. You've forgotten everything I taught you about a warrior's patience." Odin observes.

"While you wait and be patient, the Nine Realms laugh at us. The old ways are done. You'd stand giving speeches while Asgard falls." Thor sneers.

"You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy!" Odin shouts.

"And you are an old man and a fool!" Thor yells back.

The other two watch as they stare at one another before Odin slowly looks down at the floor, all while the God of Thunder glares at his father.

"Yes. I was a fool to think you were ready." Odin replies.

"Father..."

"Odin..."

Both Y/n and Loki step forward, not wanting Thor to be punished, knowing how much Thor wanted to be king. Even though Loki himself also wanted the title, he wasn't going to let his brother be hurt as to not get it and be punished. Odin, however, points at them both as he let's out a shout, stopping them from saying anything else. Gulping, Y/n wraps her arm around Loki's arm, the God immediately wrapping his arms around her as they watch.

"Thor Odinson, you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war!" Odin announces, placing his staff in the middle of the platform, lightning forming out. "You are unworthy of these realms! You're unworthy of your title!"

As he spoke, Odin had walked forward in front of his son, taking off the blonde's armor and cape and throwing it to the floor. Thor let's out a quiet gasp, not expecting this while Loki and Y/n watch with wide eyes.

"You're unworthy of the loved ones you have betrayed. I now take from you your power!" Odin continues, holding out his hand, Mjolnir flying right into it. "In the name of my father and his father before," Thor's armor falls off his arms. "I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!"

And with that, using the hammer, Thor is pushed into the Bifrost and out of Asgard. After a couple seconds, Odin soon throws Mjolnir into the Bifrost with it's old owner. Y/n's e/c eyes were still wide, not expecting Odin to banish his own son.

~

Y/n and Loki now found themselves in the castle with the others. Y/n sat next to Sif as Loki stood a few feet away from all of them. Fandral had been taken care of and was now sitting down with his friends.

"We should never have let him go." Volstagg speaks up.

"There was no stopping him." Sif replies.

"Well, at least he's only banished, not dead. Which is what we'd all be if that guard hadn't told Odin where we'd gone." Fandral reminds.

Glancing at the God of Mischief, Y/n watches as Loki looks down at his hand, the same on one of the Frost Giants had grabbed. She was still surprised he wasn't burnt like Volstagg had been, and she wouldn't say it, but she was suspicious of her best friend.

"How did the guard even know?" Volstagg questions.

"I told him." Loki informs, speaking up for the first time.

"What?" Fandral asks.

"Loki?" Y/n questions.

Loki glances at her, expression softening when he looked into her eyes. "I told him to go to Odin after we'd left. He should be flogged for taking so long. We should never have reached Jotunheim."

"You told the guard?" Volstagg asks in a shout.

"I saved our lives. And Thor's. I had no idea Father would banish him for what he did." Loki tells them.

Sif stands up, pulling Y/n with her. "Loki. You must go to the Allfather and convince him to change his mind."

"And if I do, then what? I love Thor more dearly than any of you, except for Y/n, but you know what he is. He's arrogant. He's reckless. He's dangerous. You saw how he was today. Is that what Asgard needs from it's king?" Loki questions before walking out of the room.

"Loki!" Y/n calls, about to go after him, but Sif stops her by placing a hand on her shoulder, shaking her head.

"He may speak of the good of Asgard, but he's always been jealous of Thor." Sif recalls.

"We should be grateful to him, he saved our lives." Y/n reminds.

Volstagg nods in agreement. "Y/n's right. He did."

"Laufey said there were traitors in the House of Odin. A master of magic could bring three Jotuns into Asgard." Hotun speaks up.

"Loki's always been one for mischief, but you're talking about something else entirely." Fandral replies.

Letting out a sigh under her breath, Y/n shakes her head as she walks out of the room, feeling everyone watching her leave. As she walks through the halls of the castle, making her way to her room, a sudden shout is heard, causing her to stop in her tracks. Looking to the vault doors, she slowly walks towards them, hearing Loki's shouting voice in there before it went quiet.

Slowly, Y/n opens up the weapon's vault doors, revealing Loki kneeling on the stairs beside his father, who was unconscious but still breathing. The God of Mischief looks up at the sound of the doors opening, seeing the Goddess quickly running towards them, having no trouble as she was wearing her armor.

"What happened?" Y/n asks, looking at her best friend.

Loki shakes his head, eyes wide. "I-I don't know."

"Guards!" Y/n yells out after a moment of silence.

"Guards, please, help!" Loki adds in a shout.

The vault doors open again, two guards running inside and heading towards Odin. Loki grabs Y/n's forearm, pulling her up to her feet as they back away. If only Y/n had heard their whole conversation, then she'd truly would have known what happened before she came.