𝟖| 𝐬.𝐡.𝐢.𝐞.𝐥.𝐝.

CHAPTER EIGHT:

S.H.I.E.L.D.

THE SUN WAS now up in the sky, being covered by the many white and poufy clouds that sat with it, along with the ship filled with many S

THE SUN WAS now up in the sky, being covered by the many white and poufy clouds that sat with it, along with the ship filled with many S.H.I.E.L.D. agents filled inside. The sounds of heavy footsteps could be heard through the hallways as the God of Mischief was led to his cell, getting inside just as Nick Fury walks in, heading to a control panel.

"In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass," Fury begins, pressing on the control panel before the floor opens up beneath Loki's cell. "it's thirty thousand feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?"

Looking away from the Asgardian, Fury presses a few more buttons on the control panel, the floor then reappearing, all the wind going away.

"Ant, boot." Fury concludes.

Loki chuckles. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury replies.

"Oh, I've heard." Loki states, looking up at the camera in the corner of his cell.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the camera, stood all the heroes. Thor and Y/n stood side by side as they listened to Loki and Fury's conversation. Natasha stared down at the camera before glancing up at Bruce Banner, a doctor that S.H.I.E.L.D. had gotten to find the Tesseract.

"A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki asks.

"How desperate am I?" Fury repeats. "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

Loki let's out a breathe. "It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well, let me know if "real power" wants a magazine or something." Fury replies.

And with that, he walks out of the room as Loki looks back up at the camera, knowing exactly that the heroes were watching him at this very moment.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce speaks up.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, Y/n, what's his play?" Steve questions.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people." Y/n explains.

"They will win him the Earth, in return, we suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor adds.