𝟏𝟑| 𝐣𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

JANE FOSTER

WITH THE SUN now down, the moon was up in the Asgard sky, the stars shining down on the Asgardians who were all laughing and drinking together as they sat a table inside the castle of Asgard

WITH THE SUN now down, the moon was up in the Asgard sky, the stars shining down on the Asgardians who were all laughing and drinking together as they sat a table inside the castle of Asgard. The occasional sound of crickets could be heard from the balcony of the castle. The few children could be seen as they sat on their parents laps.

Standing a few feet away from her friends, Y/n watched with a little smile as Volstagg finished off his glass, yelling out 'another' before slamming his glass onto the ground, making sure to keep it away from the little girl that sat on his lap. Everyone laughs and cheers loudly at his actions, all except Thor and Y/n.

Taking a sip of her drink, Y/n notices Thor rise from his chair, starting to walk off as he pasts her. The God stops beside her, giving her a small smile while squeezing her shoulder before he walks off. Taking the last of her drink, the Goddess sets it on the table before she also walks off, stopping beside Sif who was at a balcony.

"There was a time when you would join Thor and celebrate for weeks. And then Loki would join you and stay by your side." Sif reminds. "Of course, you didn't go often."

Y/n smiles at the memories. "I remember me and you celebrated the Battle of Harokin so much that we nearly started the second."

"Well, the first was so much fun." Sif replies.

The two best friends exchange a smile before Y/n looks down at her feet, her smile slowly fading which Sif noticed. She hated seeing her best friend like this. Sif knew that all Y/n wanted to do was to go see the God of Mischief, which she had not been able to do. The Goddess of Hunt could never understand the Goddess of Fidelity's love for Loki. No one ever could.

But Sif loved seeing when Y/n was happy whenever Loki was around her. She loved seeing how happy they had made one another. She loved the chemistry they had. Though they were practically completely different, one was good, one was bad, they still loved each other dearly. Even after they went against one another in New York.

Sif rests her hand on the Goddess' shoulder. "Take a drink with me. You've been working hard lately, you should take a break."

"Usually when that happens, something bad will come." Y/n recalls, glancing at the Goddess beside her.

"You know, it does not go unnoticed that you disappear each night." Sif points out, knowing the e/c eyed Goddess would leave the celebrations they had just to be by herself. "There are nine realms. The best warrior in Asgard must focus on more than one."

Y/n gives her best friend a little smile, nodding. "I'm going to retire for the night. It's getting late, and I'm pretty tired."

Sif watches as the Goddess walks off, her smile slowly fading as she sees her best friend glance down at her feet.