Chapter 9

(A/N: Sorry for the late update. :) My Lenten sacrifice was to follow my parent's rules better and one of them was to not write until the start of our Summer, so since my last chappie went up on Ash Wednesday... You get the point. Enjoy!!!)

SLADE'S POV

I closed the door behind me and let out a sigh of relief. She's fine. No. She's not fine. She's hurt.

I knew that kind of behavior.

I did that before.

She was hurt inside. Her father.... Biologically.... He hurt her.

At least she confronted him.  And she didn't let him hurt her.

I heard a little squeal inside the room, probably one that didn't mean to come out and I smiled to myself.

"I'm amazed on how she gets over things quickly.... Or... How good she can hide it." I muttered and let go of the door handle.

"Next mission." I said and walked away. At least, I had a reason, besides money, to keep succeeding in my missions.

———

Earlier...

HARVEY'S POV

I walked away from the two who let me out of that living hell. My face still throbbed and hurt with the blows I received. My neck hurt because of that brat's sword.

I turned a corner and out of their line of sight.

"Fuck them." I continued walking and spit out blood on the sidewalk. I couldn't believe I still had some blood in my mouth. "Who the fuck do they think they are. That man, Deathstroke. I've heard of him, but that girl..." I was talking to myself again.

"That girl with the hazel eyes." I told myself. "The girl with the face...."

"I saw myself in her eyes."

"Those eyes remind me of my eyes."

"Yes they do."

"Who does that wretch think she is. Why does she have the fucking gull to face me?"

"I'm not scary enough. She can take me down."

"I'm bad enough!"

"If a brat can stare me down then what more others?"

"I do not lose my state of mind when I'm faced with Batman." I turned down a familiar street, I was heading back to the closest place I could stay.

"I don't. But this girl is different. Don't I notice?"

"Yes I did. She needs to be pulled down."

"Fucking hell. I should now that, I'm such a dipshit."

"What am I supposed to do now?"

"Pull her fucking down." I sneered.

"I was confused when I saw those eyes." I wondered, my sneer disappearing.

"Why wouldn't I be. But that doesn't mean anything. She just happens to have the same eye color as me."

"But something was different..."

"No no no!" I said angrily. "Focus! I have plans and I need to pull her down. Or better, wait until she comes again."

I heard a police siren and ducked into an alleyway where I heard odd sounds.

"Well fuck." I muttered and watched the police car go past the alleyway. Policemen can be such dumbasses. At least Batman isn't on to me just yet.