Chapter 5

CALYPSO'S POV

"Go! Go! Go!" I yelled as I ran out the back door. "He's coming!"

Superboy, M'gann, KF and Artemis, who all had their helmets and bike gear on, sped away.

Robin, who also had his gear on, was the only one left. He stared at my sword, "Is that- is that- blood?"

"Yeah." I said like it was no big deal. Which it wasn't since the bastard was healing. "I slashed and stabbed." I sheathed it and just threw the bike clothes away, no time to put it on.

He looked like he wanted to say something but I cut him off. "No time to explain. I'll explain later at the cave. Now, we should go!"

He nodded and put on his helmet. I put on mine, the only piece of gear I didn't toss away, we started the bikes and drove away from the building full of my memories.

--------

SEPTEMBER 3, 2010

20:40 UTC -2

MOUNT JUSTICE

We drove inside the hangar, parked the bikes and dismounted.

"Dammit Sword!" Robin gritted his teeth as he took of his bike gear.

"What?" I asked as I removed my helmet.

"You stabbed someone?"

"Yes. But let me explain..."

"How am I supposed to explain this bull to Batman?! I'm the one who recommended you join and now you killed..."

"I didn't kill him dammit."

"Oh yeah?" He asked as he threw off his bike jacket. "Where did you stab him?"

"In the gut and shoulder blades." I hung my helmet.

"Where did you slash him?" He stared at me.

"Deep cut from the shoulder until hip, diagonally."

Faster than I could process, Robin went to me, grabbed my shoulders, pulled me close to him and made me look into his lenses that were an inch away from mine.

"We don't kill people Sword." He said in a deadly calm tone. His face in a stern expression. "We save them. We are the heroes, we do not stoop down to their level."

I am on their level.

"He was healing." I placed my hands on his chest and prepared to push him away from me just in case he got mad again. I also couldn't comprehend my words still. Even though I am in league with Sideburns.

Robin's eyes widened. "Like, healing, healing?" He looked puzzled.

"Yes. The wounds were closing." I looked at him with confidence.

"But did you know this before you stabbed him?"

"I... I..." I my confidence faded away as looked anywhere but him. "No." I said in barely a whisper. "I didn't." As I said the truth, realization set on me like dread. I took the proving challenge too far. I wanted to show Vandal that I was something to look out for.

Imagine if he didn't heal, I would've proven that I am as ruthless as Black Manta. Do I want to be like that? I remember the usual saying: The first kill is always the hardest.

And now, it wasn't even a real kill, and it hurts like hell.

I should get used to that hurt.

"So you would've done that to another, even if it meant killing him or her?" He had a different expression on now, I couldn't even tell what it was. Disappointment? Sympathy? Anger? I didn't know.