Chapter 14

(A/N: I'm really lazy to write... thankfully I still am writing. Here's chapter 14! By the way, this starts right where we left off... Also take note of me aligning the characters back to their characters... Yeah sorry, honestly I don't feel motivated to continue... Unless I restart this story.... Well, idk... Maybe I can continue it. I don't know fam. I might rewrite, stop or continue... Sorry.)

---

SEPTEMBER 24, 2010

GOTHAM ACADEMY

8:00AM EDT

CALYPSO'S POV

Dick and I sat down in our usual seats in the classroom. When the teacher entered, I realized that it was a good time to not listen. (I probably understood it already.) It was an easy day anyway.

And I felt like crap.

I knew I couldn't draw but I opened my notebook and started drawing a sword, pretty much like my own, but with my own touch.

As I was finishing up the hilt, Dick passed me a note.

I was surprised the teacher didn't notice because all the teachers have eyes on Dick Grayson.

I raised an eyebrow at him. Really Dick? I seemed to say.

He shrugged in reply.

I rolled my eyes and opened the note, I tried not to flinch when I read it.

You okay? What's up with your leg? You were sort of limping a while back...

I turned the paper over and wrote a reply.

Pulled it again. Nothing important. I'm fine Dick. Don't worry about me.

I quickly gave him back the paper and continued drawing.

Annoyingly, Dick sent back another piece of paper.

Pulled it again? Gee Calypso. You're definitely not feeling great today.

I rolled my eyes and looked at him. "Are you even listening?"

"No..." Dick messed around a bit with his pencil, he wasn't a bad artist. He was drawing the S-crest and he captured it pretty well.

Kind of weird for a Gotham-based teenager.

"Why do you even go to school?"

"Because I like it."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, it's either stay in the mansion, do absolutely nothing and nope around or stay here, show off a little here and there and make a couple of friends." He eyed my drawing.

"You have a point." I admitted and continued finishing my sword.

As I was drawing, I thought of my latest mission. The jungle and the Reds. Honestly, Lex kept sending me in blind and Slade kept dropping hints everywhere, but never telling me directly.

They knew where I was going and they knew what was probably going to happen, but of course it never crossed their minds to warn me so that I could execute my task efficiently.

Yes I understand that if they don't tell me, it helps me play my part but... It's not like they want me to die.

I mean, I start to rely on Batman giving me insight on the mission, not them.

I have been thinking about this quite often, it was probably tiring me out just thinking about this over and over and over again, but it was driving me nuts.