𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Stefan walks in the living room to see Lorelei on the couch, watching some cartoon show he wasn't familiar with

Stefan walks in the living room to see Lorelei on the couch, watching some cartoon show he wasn't familiar with. Her knees were pulled to her chest while she was eating from a box of ice cream, laughing at a joke. He raises a brow and walks over to her, slumping down on the couch making her eyes travel over to him.

The lights were all closed, the only lights they received was coming from the television.

"Hey Stephanie." She greets as he rolls his eyes. Lorelei looks back to the cartoon, eyes on the screen with his eyes on her before turning over and looking down at his watch with squinted and tired eyes.

"What are you doing in 4 a.m.?"

"Watching boss baby." Lorelei laughs as he looks at the screen. "Of course people like dogs more than babies. All babies do are cry and whine." She shakes her head before looking back at him, noticing his confusion. "Never mind. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. Did I wake you up?"

Stefan shakes his head. "I barely get sleep anyway." He mutters, knowing he only gets two hours of sleep before receiving a nightmare of everyone being happier he's dead. He squeezes his eyes shut for a moment before looking back at her. "What else do we need, Rory?"

"Dunno. Still trying to figure out. If I look at the grimoire one more time, I might risk losing all my braincells." Lorelei mutters and looks back, digging the spoon into the ice cream and biting into it, not minding how cold it was.

Slowly, Stefan nods. "So we got the vampires blood, doppelgängers blood, Bennett witches blood, Original Hybrid blood." He spoke. "How much more?"

"Three." Lorelei clicks her tongue, looking over at him. "Why so tense, Steph?" She asks and he shakes his head at her poor attempt of rhyming. "Seriously, relax. If you keep worrying about time, every passing second will feel like an hour."

Stefan looks over her to see her face just as sincere as her words. "I'm not used to you being serious." He runs a hand down his face as she smiles, setting her ice cream down. Lorelei snaps her fingers and he looks over at her to see her patting on her lap. "No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes." Lorelei said and he gazes into her eyes. Slowly, he sighs and lays down, closing his eyes and resting his head on her lap as she lowers the television volume, hands tangling in his hair, softly tugging making a soft hum escape his lips, taking a deep breath as her fingers twirl around a strand of his hair, tugging at it.

Stefans hair was much softer than she thought. She thought it would feel like gel due to his hair standing up but actually, it was simply soft, and smooth. She runs her hand through it, smiling soft. Lorelei had long nails so when she scratched his head softly, Stefan let out another hum in delight, his tense shoulders relaxing under her cold yet oddly comforting touch.

Lorelei watches as his breathing slows down, showing that he had fallen asleep making her lips curl up. She continues playing around with his hair, not caring about how her hands were growing tired.

-

Stefans eyes flutter open, finding himself on something warm. Slowly he realizes he's laying on Lorelei's chest. Her hand was still tangled in his hair with him in between her legs, arms wrapped around her waist. Slowly, he removes one arm but keeps the other one securely around her. He checks the time and sees it's '5 p.m.' making his eyes widen.

Did he really sleep that long?

Stefan rests his head back on her chest, smirking slightly to himself. He could hear her heartbeat faster meaning she was waking up. A soft grunt escapes her lips."What time is it?"

"Five p.m., I don't even know how I slept so long." Stefan admits and she takes note of how he slowly slid his arms back around her waist.

"For someone so skinny, you're so heavy." She mutters and scratches his hair for a moment as he chuckles, snuggling closer to her. "Woah, at least take me out for dinner, buddy."

Stefan rolls his eyes. "Don't ruin it, Lorelei."

"Another dance sounds nice." Lorelei sang.

"No." Stefan deadpans making her frown. "No more dances. I hate dancing. I only made an exception for your birthday."

Lorelei frowns. "This could be a late birthday present." She states, one of her hands traveling from the nape of his neck, down to his bare back.

Stefan looks up at her before sighing. "Okay. But after that-"

"We'll try and get the hell out of here. Totally agree." Lorelei smiles at him.