𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Lorelei's eyes flutter open and she finds Stefans arms wrapped around her waist, his head nuzzled in her neck

Lorelei's eyes flutter open and she finds Stefans arms wrapped around her waist, his head nuzzled in her neck. She smiles softly and snuggles closer to him, going back to sleep.

-

Stefan was reading over the grimoire while Lorelei was asleep in her bedroom. He looks down at the grimoire and reads a specific line casually. He could hear her soft yawn, showing she was waking up. A couple of minutes later, he heard her come down the stairs and closed the grimoire.

Lorelei entered the living room, wearing a pair of blue jeans and green oversized sweatshirt, her hair up in a ponytail with strands falling out. She was rubbing her hands. "Im a bit excited today, maybe even nervous." She grins and Stefan stands up.

"Today is the full moon. Are you sure you're ready?" Stefan asks and she hums, nodding her head while rocking forward on her feet. "Rory, you're not going to be bringing me back to life, you'll be sending me to another waiting room and if this goes wrong..."

"You'll be stuck with Silas for all of eternity." Rory jokes and he gives her a serious look. "Well, not all of eternity. Just until you're ready for peace." She shrugs her shoulders mindlessly.

"Do you realize how much I'm risking—"

"Hey, you're not the only one taking risks. Without you, there's no way out for me. I'm positive you'll come back." Rory smiles and Stefans shoulder slumps, taking a deep breath.

Stefan nods. "Okay." He mutters and checks the time, only w few more hours before the full moon. Rory was playing around with her bracelet making Stefan stare at it for a few seconds.

"It belonged to my mothers." Lorelei explains.

A younger version of Lorelei looks outside her window. She and Kai were isolated from their family because they weren't like the other witches. She hears the door twisting but doesn't turn her head, recognizing who those footsteps belonged to.

Being isolated gave her a lot of free time. She memorized everyone's footsteps, actions and secrets but keeps her mouth shut. That damaged her, big time. Her mother takes a seat next to her.

"Lore.." Her mother started and Lorelei looks at her curiously. "I know that this is hard for both you and Kai..but it's for your own safety."

My own safety. Safety is a word that defines no harm, completely away from the chaos.

Lorelei looks back at the window, at her siblings who were running around the yard. "For my own safety or for their own safety?" She nods her head towards her siblings with a tilted head. "You need to be specific, mother."

Olivia lowers her head. "For both of your safety's." She said and Lorelei looked at her bracelet. Olivia noticed this and looked at her bracelet. "You like this?" She asks and Lorelei slowly nods. "Have it."

"Father will be furious."

"Hm. Yes he will. But that's only if he finds out." Olivia takes off the bracelet and wraps it around Lorelei grins, feeling happiness and slipping it on.

Immense pain fills her and she groans while Olivia caresses her hair. "This will help you. It's for the better." She whispers.

Lorelei sighs and looks at the bracelet. "Why?" Stefan asked. "Why would she do that?"

"Kai had already controlled himself but I couldn't. My mom knew everything caught my eyes, and so, sane used a bracelet. It didn't take my siphon abilities away, it only restricted it. Only problem is, the restriction was painful. As if it was a rope made of knives wrapped around my heart."

Stefans lip purse. "So then, I bashed her head with the bat she plays baseball with. Ah, good times." Lorelei rests her head back and Stefan rolls his eyes.

"It's full moon." Stefan said and Lorelei raised a brow. He pulls her over to the circle of candles and cuts his wrist.

"Why are you in a rush?" Lorelei chuckles. "The full moon won't run."

Stefan rolls his eyes and stops for a moment, gently slicing her palm. He laces his hands with here. "Ooo, this is cozy." She says sarcastically.

"Rory. Are you sure you're able to do this?"

"Yes." Lorelei nods. She closes her eyes and begins chanting. Before Stefan could close his eyes, a warm light surrounds it. "Touch the light."

"But then I'll have to release your hand—"

"Okay? And? Your blood is still with me." Stefan hesitantly unlaces his hand with hers. He stands up and slowly reaches out.

"Stefan." Lorelei said quietly. "Be careful. If he kills you, you genuinely died. That place isn't your waiting room, the universe will get confused and take it as a way to kill you. Permanently."

Stefan swallows the lump in his throat and nods.When he touches the light, it turns black making his eyebrows furrow.

Suddenly, he gasps, waking up somewhere strange. He slowly gets up and looks at his surroundings. He then sees Silas, chanting and he knew he was trying to get Amara. Silas didn't seem to notice him as Stefan looks around the living room.

They were in the Lockwood mansion. "Silas." Stefan spoke confidently and Silas spins around to see him.

Silas' smile drops. "Ugh. You're not Amara." He said disappointedly and Stefan rolls his eyes.

"I want your blood."

"What happened to 'hello', or, 'how are you'?" Silas circled him like a prey. "Now, how did you get in here? Don't tell me your little witch died. What's her name...? Bennie? Beatrice?"

"It's none of your concern." Stefan looks at him.

Silas squinted his eyes at him. "Let's say I do give you my blood, what do I get in return?"

"Amara." Stefan said without hesitance and Silas froze. "I can get her to you."

Silas grabs his neck and slams him against the wall. "And why should I believe you?"

Stefan noticed that Silas was no longer his sarcastic self. He seemed miserable. Exhausted. "How do you think I got here?" Stefan threw him off. Being dead gave him more strength. "I can bring her to you."

"You're bluffing."

"Why would I?" Stefan asked and he sped over to Silas, about to snap his neck but Silas grabs his arm and twists it, his other hand digging in Stefans heart, about to rip it out.