𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

I'm gonna add some new details

I wanted to scream, rip out my hair and apologize to him while kissing every part of his face while telling him I love him. But I held back. Stefans face fell, tears blurring his vision. He opened his mouth to say something yet something left, he stared at me like I was an alien.

"You don't mean that..." Stefan takes a step back, looking like I had just ripped out his heart and shoved it back in his chest.

You're right, I don't.

"I do."

I love you more.

"I tried. I thought I could love you, that I could find love, but I can't. I thought I could be different than my family and find love, but I can't." I whisper as his face grows pained. I continue, even though I didn't want to, "I could never love you."

Stefan lowers his head. "Stop. Just drive the damn boat, Lorelei." He mutters and storms away.

When he's out of sight, I begin driving with tears streaming down my cheek. Why do I always let my overthinking get the best of me?? I think I just lost all my chances with Stefan..just because I'm scared of getting rejected by his friends and family.

It hurts so unbelievably much because I've never felt this for anyone. And I think he feels it back— I mean, he just admitted to loving me. Stefan Salvatore loves me and I just broke his heart.

The thought made my heart break more.

Third person:

They arrived at the island. Stefan didn't spare a glance at Lorelei, as if all his love was gone. She only attempted to stop herself from breaking down and tried to carry her bag but Stefan grabbed it before she could and walked away, carrying both their bags. She lowers her head.

Lorelei follows him as he's the one who knows where the cave is. "My friends and I found a hut here." He said coldly. "We could settle down there since the cave is a complicated and one of us might get hurt."

"One of us as in me." Lorelei mumbles, knowing he would heal in a second but she wouldn't.

"Right." Stefan squints his eyes as she steps in front of her. He glares at her. "So don't get in my way." He walks past her, shoulder bumping his. Lorelei threw her head back and bit her lip to stop herself from crying. She squeezes her eyes shut.

Why am I so sad? It's my fault she thought to herself.

Lorelei hurried to follow him so she wouldn't get lost. It seemed like they were walking forever before making it to a hut. She looks around and notices how small it was. Stefan sets the bags down as Lorelei chewed on her bottom lip.

"I'm tired." Lorelei admitted. Driving the boat and crying had worn her out. "Where's the bedroom?" She asked, trying to make her voice loud but it came out as a small squeak.

Stefan looked at her before nodding towards a bedroom. She looks back at him before slowly nodding and stepping in. She looks around the room. It seemed comfortable.

"Is there a room for you?"

"No. I'll just sleep in the couch." Stefan replied coldly, crossing his arms over his chest while leaning against the wall. She looks around the room and Stefan wanted nothing more than to go behind her, wrap his arms around her waist then kiss her.

But he couldn't.

Lorelei turns around the face him. "But- we can just share the bed—"

"Lorelei, I wouldn't be scared of sharing a bed with you." Stefans jaw clenched. He wanted to hate her but he couldn't. "I just don't wanna be anywhere near you, let alone share a bed with you." He scoffed, walking away.

I'm having writers block again :(

I'll try to make it up to y'all<33