𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Stefan slowly wakes up, getting up

Stefan slowly wakes up, getting up. He finds himself in the bed making his eyebrows furrow. Lorelei must've used her magic to get him on the bed. He slips on a blouse and walks out of the room, running a hand through his hair and licking his lips.

He makes it to the living room to see Lorelei wearing an oversized sweater, a red scarf over her shoulders and her hair in two loose braids, strands falling out. She had a book in hand, the only sound being the fire cackling. She looked beautiful.

Lorelei didn't notice him and she lifted up a cup of coffee, taking a sip. "I don't need a kind gesture." Stefan spoke up and she jumped, looking at him. "I could've just slept of the couch."

"I know you could've." Lorelei mumbles and looks back down to her book. She already felt like crying. "When should we get going?" She questions.

"Depends on when you're ready. I don't want to get my hopes up only for it to not work." Stefan stated rudely and Lorelei frowns before slowly nodding.

"I'm ready. I know I am."

"Okay, then let's get going."

-

They make it to the cave, Stefan carrying the items. His skin was crawling at the mere thought of leaving Lorelei but he knew that he couldn't force her into loving him. Lorelei was behind him, braiding parts of her hair and not looking where she was walking.

Suddenly, she almost tripped. Stefan knew that the surface was rocky, meaning if she hit her head hard, she wouldn't be able to do the spell. So, he quickly speaks over and grabbed her waist, stopping her. She looks at him with wide eyes.

"Uh- thanks." Stefan didn't say anything, his eyes flicker to her lips before releasing her and stepping away. "Look, we don't have to leave on bad terms." She mumbles quietly and Stefan took a deep breath.

"You led me on, Lorelei. You knew I was going to love you— you knew that you wouldn't be able to return what I feel for you. But still, you messed around with me. "Stefan stops walking and closes his eyes. "It hurt."

He then continued walking, ignoring the single tear that had went down his cheek. Lorelei frowns. "Stefan, I do—" Lorelei stopped herself and he turned around to face her, raising a brow. "I..."

"You can't even say it." Stefan shook his head and turns around, storming off.

Lorelei looks at her shoes before following after him. They make it to where Qetsiyahs blood stone was there. "Is this it?" She asks quietly and Stefan nods, not trusting his mouth to say anything. She reaches her arm out and slowly siphons it.

A moan escapes her lips. She felt the power running through her veins. When she finished, she turns around to face Stefan before kneeling down. "Can I have the bloods?" She asks quietly.

Stefan carefully handed it to her. She places the bloods in a perfect circle before waving her hand, the blood spilling and combining into one making Stefans mouth part. He slowly kneels down and she takes his hand, closing her eyes.

Lorelei slowly begins chanting. Stefan looks around to see flashes of light around them making his grip on her hands tighten, watching as blood travels down her nose. He frowns at the sight and Lorelei's chanting grows louder.

He then notices that the light was only surrounding him and not Lorelei making his eyebrows furrow. Was she leaving without him? "Lorelei?!!!?"

Lorelei stops chanting, her eyes fluttering and Stefan grabs her shoulders. "Lorelei, what's happening?!" He questions and she places her hand on his chest.

"I-I can't, only one of us can get out." Lorelei whispers and cups his cheek. "And I love you so much— and I know that you love me too...this is going to hurt you but it'll put me in peace, and it may be selfish of me but I want you to be happier."

Stefan stares her. "What- what are you saying?"

"You're leaving this place, Stefan." Lorelei laughs through tears and he lays her on his lap, staring at her. The flashing light grows making him squeeze his eyes shut. "I love you..."

"Don't do this, Lorelei! Stop the spell and we'll figure it out!" Stefan yells. "Please." His voice cracked.

The flashing lights stopped making him slowly open his eyes but instead of seeing Lorelei. He found himself on a couch.

Slowly, he sits up and sees Damon.

Writers block yall :(

will Lorelei be at peace or will she make it out of the 'waiting room'?

Or should I just finish the book?

I could even show Stefan mourning for the love of his life in the new few chapters...