𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Sorry for the late update!Correct any spelling mistakes

Correct any spelling mistakes

Lorelei waited patiently in the Mystic Grill, she wore black sweatpants, a black lace top and gray jacket, her hair up in a ponytail while her hands were wrapped around her hot chocolate, taking small sips. She watches as Caroline walks in the grill.

Caroline walks over to her, sitting down. "I ordered. You Carmel mocha, extra whip cream." Lorelei tilts her head to the side. "I remember you mentioning it's your favorite." She smiles softly.

The blonde squints her eyes at her before squinting her eyes and pointing her finger at her, "I know what you're trying to do and it's not gonna work, Lorelei." Caroline stated and Lorelei raises an amused brow.

"I don't know what you mean." Lorelei shrugs her shoulders. "I'm only trying to get closer to my nieces without doing it behind your back." She places her drink down, flashing a smile.

Caroline takes a sip before setting down the drink. "Tell me more."

"Okay, well, if you continue to carelessly surround your kids with supernaturals, they won't learn. They'll siphon from you or anyone if they're in an emotional crisis...and since, well, we're in Mystic Falls, I'm sure they're gonna have many of those, even if they're minor."

Caroline raises a brow. "And how did you control it?"

"I controlled it the hard way, so did Kai. I cant give you an answer to that." Lorelei shrugs.

The blonde scoffs in disbelief. "Then why am I even here?"

"But, if-if I get to understand the twins, I can figure out a way. You just need to let me see them."

"Right. And how do I know your just using this as an excuse to see them?"

Lorelei sighs. "Because I already love them and I don't want them to go through what i did. I want a family, to love me just like I love them. My family offered me..nothing."

Stefan walks in and takes a seat next to Caroline, clearing his throat. "Sorry I'm late."

"What're you doing here?" The two girls ask in unison.

"To defuse the tension." Stefan replies and Caroline stares at him. Lorelei definitely passed her sarcasm onto him. She turns away and looks at the brunette who was staring at Stefan with loving eyes.

She looks back to Stefan who was also looking at Lorelei. "This is no time to undress each other with your eyes!" Caroline slams her hands on the table.

Stefan sighs and turns to Caroline. "Look, I trust her enough to keep her around the kids, we can even watch her. Besides, you need her help as well."

"Well, I don't trust her and you didn't hold those two in your stomach for 9 months so no one gets a say in this other than me." Caroline declares and turns to Lorelei who was smirking at them.

"Loving the strong independent woman look."

Caroline looks down, covering her smile before looking back up at Lorelei. "And if I do let you see them, what are you gonna do?"

"Well, I'll need Bonnie for that. And last time I checked, she was my friend."

"Just 'cause you helped her out the prison world, doesn't mean you two are friends."

Stefan clears his throat. "Actually, Bonnie was helping me defend Lorelei when we came back to the real world. I think they're friends."

Lorelei smiles at Caroline. "So..."

-

The two kids ran to Lorelei's arms making her laugh, wrapping her arms around them. Caroline takes a deep breath, watching this as Stefan smiles at Lorelei, remembering the many times she spoke about Lizzie and Josie.

"You came!" Josie cheers and Lorelei pulls away, holding both their cheeks softly.

"Yes i did."

Caroline kneeled down next to Lorelei. "Okay, Aunty Lorelei here is going to help you control your siphoning, okay?" She asked softly and Lorelei grins when Caroline addresses her as their aunt.

Lorelei stands up straight, Stefan next to her. Her places his hands on her back, rubbing it softly while shivers travels down her spine, her heartbeat growing faster. "So, Wheres Bon-Bon?"

"Present." Bonnie walks out and smiles then slowly walks towards Lorelei.

"Hey, it's nice seeing—" Lorelei gets interrupted by Bonnie wrapping her arms around her. The witch smiles as Lorelei hugs her tighter. "I like this."

Bonnie then pulls away. "I never got to thank you." She whispers and Lorelei was about to talk when Damon entered the room.

"Aka, never call her Bon-Bon." Damon picks up his bourbon and sits down. "That's my nickname."

Lorelei rolls her eyes and looks down to the kids who noticed how Stefan was looking at Lorelei. "Come on, let's see how I can help."

-

A few hours later, Lorelei had managed to help Josie but Lizzie was still struggling. It was too late so they decided to carry on the next day. Lorelei walks out with Stefan behind her, when they were on the porch, her closes the door and cups her chin.

"Damon seems to like you, Caroline's warming up but she's not showing it."

Lorelei raises a brow. "And how do you know that?"

"Caroline cares too much to let anyone near the kids if they were even in the slightest bit dangerous. Even though you could've helped them, she would've let you see them either way. She just needed to pretend she didn't trust you." Stefan rambles.

She slowly nods. "Okay. But what I said yesterday still stands."

"And what I said also still stands." Stefan steps closer as she steps back, they continue this until her back hits the wooden porch railings. "Push me away and i won't ever try again." He whispers but he knew, even if she did, he wouldn't stop trying.

Lorelei's hands moved to the railings and gripped them. "Stefan..."

He raises his hand and caresses her arm before leaning closer. Lorelei closes her eyes and could feel his breath fanning her face, she could feel the warmth of his lips yet he didn't kiss her. He only moves his hands to her waist, holding them.

Stefan them moves his lips close to her ear. "I'm not going to kiss you. You're going to be the one to kiss me." He whispers, hands wandering her body.

He moves his face and his eyes met her icy glance. He releases her, leaving her speechless before walking inside the Salvatore boarding house.