06 | the replacement

Eleanor felt a little bad for Dick. The man had been replaced and she assumed that had to be hard to accept. She wanted to hug him, but she wasn't all that sure Dick wanted a hug whilst he and the new Robin dragged the dead look Doctor Admanson around.

"Man, dude looks dead."

When Eleanor had smacked the gun across the man's head, she had knocked him out — completely and utterly knocked him out. "He's not dead." She let out, sounding slightly unsure. "I don't think I killed him."

Dick patted the Shelby girl on the shoulder. "Trust me, there's a difference between dead and knocked out."

"Nah, he's dead. I've seen dead people, he looks like them. Well, he's lacking other wounds."

"He's not dead."

Eleanor knew if she was watching from any other angle she'd find it amusing, but right now she was tense.

"This is awesome!" Robin beamed, looking up at Dick. He was significantly shorter. "Robin and Robin, in action."

"Who the hell are you?"

"Jason Todd," Jason answered. "The new Robin. Robin two point oh, right?"

Finally, the blokes had managed to drag Adamson to the car whilst Eleanor had walked beside them, her phone in one hand and her leather jacket resting over her other arm.

"Hey, seriously, man, it's an honour to meet you," Jason said, leaning against the car, his fist out for Dick to hit his against.

Dick stared at the boy, before giving in, knocking his fist against Jason's.

Eleanor appeared at the boy's side, far too lazy to walk a few steps. Jason was surprised at the girl appearing right next to him. "Thank you for helping back there, is what Dick is meant to be saying, but he isn't because he's sad, so thank you."

"Anything for a pretty face." Jason smiled boyishly at the girl.

A small giggle left her mouth, a smile on her lips. "Eleanor Shelby."

"I know."

"Oh." She muttered, looking at Dick for help in the conversation. He shook his head. "Ok, then."

"Sorry, wasn't meant to say that."

"Nah, it's totally cool." She told him. "It's nice to meet you, Jason Todd. Can I hug you? I always hug people when I meet them. Actually, I hug people as often as possible."

"Why not?"

Eleanor grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck. She didn't particularly care for personal space when meeting a new person. If she had the chance to hug someone, she hugged them.

Jason placed his arms sound her waist, nowhere near as tight as she held him.

Eleanor pulled away, guessing that he wasn't a big hugger. "We'll work on your technic." She told him.

"Eleanor!"

The teenagers turned to Dick as he was opening the car boot. Eleanor pulled a face at him before stepping to the unconscious body, wrapping her hands around his wrist.

She and the body appeared in the car boot before she climbed out, running her hand through the pink hair, tugging at the knots.