18 | the desires of life

Dick Grayson laid in the pool on a floaty, not a care in the world. The some gleamed down on him, a small layer of sweat and sun cream leading to him looking shiny.

Paradise wasn't a common thing, but when people find it their was no reason to let go.

Dick had everything he desired. Nathan Shelby, a huge house, and their daughter, Bonnie Shelby-Grayson. They lived a sweet life in California, where they worried little about the troubles in Gotham. Of course, they still knew of them.

A four year old girl ran into the pool, splashing one of her fathers before paddling over to Dick and doing her best to knock the floaty from underneath him.

Dick rolled, get submerged under water for a few seconds as Bonnie giggled, doing her best to paddle.

"Oh! You're gonna pay for that!" Dick called out, as she laughed over him. He walked through the water. "You've disturbed the beast!"

"No, daddy!" She squealed, managing to climb out of the pool.

"There's no escape. Nothing can help you now!"

She ran over the hot floor and into the house. Heavy breaths feel from her lips as she found her way to the kitchen where Nathan had originally been making himself a milkshake.

"Daddy!" She panted out, running to Nathan, wrapping his arms around his grey joggers.

Nathan looked down, his face slightly screwed up. "Are you out of breath cause you've been running or because you need your inhaler, my little asthmatic butterfly?" He questioned, plucking Bonnies arms from his leg. "Ew, my leg is wet."

He picked up the little girl, placing her on the counter as he placed a kiss to her nose.

"Save me, daddy."

"Why?" Nathan questioned, seriousness falling onto his face as his body tensed. Was his little girl in danger? Had someone tried to kill her?

Soon enough wet arms wrapped around his waist. Nathan let out a sigh, relaxing as he leaned against Dick's body.

Dick placed a kiss to the back of his jaw and one to his neck, very quickly.

"You're wet as well." Nathan muttered, plucking Dicks arms from his as he looked back at their daughter. "Do you want your inhaler?"

Bonnie nodded, as she continued to gasp for air. He opened a cupboard above the girls head, and grabbed the blue plastic, placing the end to her lips before pumping it.

"You're actually going to kill our daughter." Nathan complained, turning to Dick before pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I won't, she's fine."

"I want an older brother." Bonnie declared, looking between her dads as she crossed her legs. She took the cup next to her and began to drink from the milkshake.

Dick and Nathan looked at her. The latter snatching back his drink, muttering that it was his drink only — simply for Dick to pluck it out of his hands and take a sip.

"You want a brother?"

"A big one!"

Dick and Nathan looked at each other, considering what Bonnie said as the latter took the child of the counter and placed her to the floor.

She waddled over to the teddies she had placed around the table, grabbing a giraffe and tiger — apparently the two stuffed animals were best friends.

"We'll think about it." Nathan called back to the child, placing his hands around Dick's biceps and pulling him forward, kissing him.

The three listened as the computer in the family room went off, indicating a call.