14 | the accient text is a warning

The sun hadn't even come up when they were each awake and around Donna's table. Eleanor had had a much longer sleep, having been dropped off, but none the less it was three in the morning and they were all there eating the breakfast the pink one had made as a thank you.

She was back dressed in her suede dress and shorts, her shoes left by Donna's door as the woman went through Dick's phone looking at photos to prove something.

Until she fell upon a foreign language. Her face morphed into confusion.

"What?" Dick asked.

"Why do you have pictures of letters in some offshoot of Sumerian on your cell phone?" Donna asked, turning the phone around to show the other two.

"That's not Sumerian. We searched every database." Dick denied, shaking his head.

"She s-said offsh-shoot." Eleanor pointed out, as Donna agreed with her.

Eleanor hated to think it, but it felt like she was filling in for Nathan. She had known Donna and Dick since she was a kid, and she knew that them and her brother had been very close friends.

Her dad had been an ally of the Justice League (Raymond never claimed himself as an official member), and as so the three kids became close as they were often shoved aside during meeting.

"This alphabet had been lost for centuries." Donna explained to the two. "We learned a little bit of it on Themyscira."

"Hold on. Can you translate that?" Dick asked as him and the Shelby girl leaned forward, interest peaked.

"I have some books." Donna left the two to get the books she needed.

Dick was silent at first before turning to the girl. "You feeling better?"

"S-still slight con-convinced my name is Rigby, bu-but get-ting there."

Dick nodded at her, placing his cutlery down as he finished the breakfast. "When did you learn to cook?"

"La-Larry taught me. He was the mu-mu-mummy." Eleanor told him, placing her plate on his and then Donna's on top with cutlery on top of the final plate.

When Donna returned with books, after simply glancing at the words she decided it was best they very quickly get moving when Eleanor pointed out about Raven and Kory.

"Can you check again?" Dick asked as he drove.

"I did."

The night sky had been replaced with very bright daylight. It had been a long drive and Eleanor's phone not notifying her off texts or calls from the one person she needed a reply from.

She kept texting Gar, however he seemed to completely blank her, leaving her on delivered. She was worried about that, Gar tended to get back to her ASAP.

"It's definitely a mission statement for your friend Kory, who's referred to by a name or as Night or Starfire." Donna explained to the two. "Look, these words often have double meaning. Like aloha or shalom, they can mean both 'hello' and 'goodbye'."

Eleanor leaned forward in her seat. "N-no re-reply." She told them. "H-he never ig-ignores his phone." She told them, clasping her hands in front of her.

The shaking had come to a stop a few hours ago and the buzzing had gone away after her sleep. So now she was waiting for the stutter to leave her alone.

Donna looked back to Eleanor, seeing the worry in the girls face. "Dick, I don't think you can ignore the signs." The woman pointed out, looking away from the pink haired girl and back at her phone. "It says here, 'her mission is to secure the Raven' which could mean take control of or take care of."

"Take care off?"

"Ta-take care off c-can often me-mean kill, or look a-after. But secure l-likely means cont-trol her."

"Unless I'm reading this wrong." Donna drew off. But realisation drew upon her as she took in Eleanor's words too. "Your friend Kory is here to kill Rachel."

Dick sped up the driving. He may of liked Kory but he promised Rachel he would help her, and he would do just that.

It seemed Eleanor was equally as stressed as her legs bounced up and down as she kept trying to contact Gar — she really wished she had gotten Rachel's number and not told her to ask Gar for it if she needed it.

But they managed to get there, with Dick speeding down the empty streets.

When they arrived and Dick harshly parked they climbed out of the car.

"Eleanor, stay here."

"No." She told him, stepping closer. Adrenaline and danger kept her mind at peace just like it seemed to keep her standing. Gar and Rachel needed her. Two kids needed her and she was not about to abandon them now. "Th-they need me, t-too. Okay? Gar is m-my little bro-brother now, and I adopted Ra-Rachel as my sister. I will n-not give up on them." She told him, pulling off her leather jacket and throwing it in the car.

"Eleanor, you are hurt."

"N-not enough to st-stop a Shel-Shelby." She argued.

"As nice as this is, we don't have time!" Donna urged.

"G-go, dickie-bird." Eleanor said, using her brothers nickname for him.

Dick mumbled something about her cheating before rushing into the house, the two women following.