19 | the revenge ark

She didn't know where she was, not at first. Not until she realised she was in the familiar sight of her childhood home. The same music that echoed around the house when Nathan and Eleanor had been dancing around.

The twenty three year old and thirteen year old had been ballroom dancing as a joke, only an hour before midnight. Only two hours before she heard footsteps and a certain laugh echo in her garden. Only three hours before she heard the bullets. Only three and a half hours before she hid. Only four hours after they left the house. Only five hours before she left her hiding spot and found her parents and brother mutilated.

She stood in the window, as time slowly ticked past. The was the last time she saw her brother — her parents already up in bed. She was as he smiled and laughed, tears gathering in her eyes.

Eleanor leaned her forehead against the glass. "I love you, and I'm sorry. So fucking sorry." She whispered, turning her back to the glass.

She continued down the cold streets of Gotham. Eleanor almost forgot how much she loved the streets as she walked, tears cascading down her face.

Today she turned down her opportunity to find out who killed her parents and seek revenge. Today she made a decision because she would only kill the man in real life is she found out who.

She wished that was true, but once she got down the street Eleanor turned around and ran back home, the door wide open.

Her heart raced as she slowly stepped in. She had to remind herself to breath with each step.

Finally she could find out who killed — who mutilated — her mother, father and brother. Maybe that bag of trauma could be left and forgotten.

Eleanor wanted nothing more but closure. Maybe she'd even forgive the person — highly unlikely. But with closure at least she'd be able to breath and not fear the person chasing after her waiting to take her last breath.

The path back to her house was cold. Cold, long and dark. It never used to be like this. It was bright in colour, vivid with love and happiness. Painstakingly good. But all good things come to an end.

She touched the cold metal, she placed her head to the dark wood. "I love you." She muttered, it was the only thing she could say.

Soon the blonde girl in the house would be traumatised and become the ghost of her with bright pink hair. The pink hair made up for her lack of her lack of stability.

She opened the door. Why didn't they lock it? Why did they trust Nathan and Eleanor to lock the door? Who trusts idiotic children? Fun fact: Eleanor and Nathan are not responsible - who's surprised, not them!

She gently shut the door. The keys hung, she could lock the door. They could live. She could be happy. She could save them.

She let go of the door handle, hearing the voice of Nathan usher her younger self up the stairs. Eleanor had always idolised Nathan, her big brother, her protector. Anything Nathan said was everything Eleanor did and believed.

And slowly started the countdown. The countdown to their demise.

Eleanor walked around the downstairs, finding her fathers gun. She grabbed it from the shelf, loaded it with the bullets behind the bookshelf and sat down. She would wait, she would find comfort in the blood that would soon pour.

They had to live!

The door opened. Her heart stopped. Today she got her answers, today she found out who killed them. Today she sat painfully still, a shiver down her back and a gun ready to shoot.

The door hit the wall.

The bullet left the gun.

Aim for the heart. She was always told to aim for the heart of you wanted to hurt someone. Emotionally. Physically. The man was dead, bleeding out on the marble floor.

But there was no satisfaction, because this was fake. This lowlife man, a man she never met was dead. Her family were dead. She was nearly dead. 

Eleanor felt no different as her heard darkened.

She stared at the body, dropped the gun and said nothing. There was no guilt or pain. There was only numbness and darkness. Was her blood innocent? Was she mad? Mad as daisies she liked to believe. Mad. Mad. Mad.

Eleanor was weak, and with that she left. The Shelby's could deal with another body.