07 | the unwanted talk

Jason had suggested for them to take Adamson to a tall building owned by Bruce Wayne. "According to Bruce, the design of this place is inspired by Frank Lloyd."

Eleanor looked at the cars behind the glass wall, trying to understand how Bruce got them onto the stands. She assumed there was a simple way and she was just overthinking it.

"Wright."

"I know, right," Jason spoke. "Dude's really into, you know, lines and shit."

Eleanor snorted, leaning against Dick, her forehead leaning against his shoulder as she chuckled to himself. "I'm sorry." She laughed out, unable to get the picture out of her head. It wasn't particularly funny, it just amused her a little too much, and after a break down even the smallest of things became way too funny. "I'm just imagining Bruce being that guy, you know the guy that is just there doing lines of coke no matter the situation, and is the one that's spent months convincing women his girlfriend to let him do it off her tits."

Dick groaned. These were the kind of thoughts Nathan had and just had to voice to him. The accidental sexual thoughts about Bruce Wayne that he didn't want to think about. He was glad that Eleanor still had some resemblance to Nathan.

"Seriously, Eleanor," Dick mumbled, pushing her away from him. "Hate you."

"Love you too." She mumbled, trying to stop thinking about Bruce Wayne being a coke addict.

"Bruce has a bunch of places like this. He calls them safe houses, but they're more like condos. Never been to one."

"You'll like it," Dick told the boy. He stepped forward to get his eye scanned, simply for it to not work and change to a shade of red.

Eleanor was slowly wishing today wasn't happening, simply for Dick.

"I got this," Jason said, staring at the back of Dicks head.

The man stepped back, silently hoping it wouldn't work. It was selfish of him to think like that, but he simply couldn't help it.

Jason stepped forward, and the light flashed green. "Guess he changed the locks." He said as the door opened.

The three stepped into the elevator, which appeared to be equally as awkward as the car ride. For a small while, no words were spoken.

"Why are you doing this?" Dick asked, after looking at the similar briefcases the two held. "Why do you even want to be Robin?"

"Are you kidding?" Jason asked, turning to look at Dick. "This is the dopest gig ever. Hanging out with Batman, kicking back guys' asses, being famous, driving the goddamn Batmobile."

"He lets you drive the Batmobile?" Nothing was said between the three, as Eleanor and Dick registered what had happened. "Wouldn't you rather have your own name? Like Sparrow or Blue J, for Jason."

"Fuck, no." The boy said, turning to Dick. "The whole point is being Robin, Batman needs Robin. Why do you think he makes us wear those lame colours? 'Cause, we're drawing fire. 'Look over here assholes'. Then, boom, the Bat lands and starts trashing ass."

Jason and Eleanor were quick to get out of the elevator. Dick's case was thrusted into the girl's arms, she held it and looked at him.

"Here, I'll go back and get out friend."

The teens nodded, leaving Dick where he was.

"So you and Dick are brothers." Eleanor pointed out, placing the case down. Along with her coat. She grabbed her phone from the leather pocket.

"Shit!" Jason let out, seemingly amazed. "Technically, yeah."

Eleanor chuckled lightly, amused by his reaction. "Bless." She commented, unlocking her phone to find an array of messages from Gar. A lot of them didn't make sense, so she ended up leaving him on read.

She pocketed her phone, looking up to meet Jason's eyes. "So, how's Bruce? Haven't seen him in a few years." Eleanor asked, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Oh, he's good."

Eleanor nodded, not too sure what to say. It seemed Jason was also uncertain on what words to use.

The teenagers weren't left alone for too long staring awkwardly at their phones. Dick — having taken his time — came up dragging up Adamson's body.

Eleanor shook her head with amusement, glancing at him as she snickered. Dick gave her a look and she held her hands up in surrender.

"You and I need to talk."

Eleanor huffed dramatically. "Yes, sir." She grumbled, stepping over and grasping Dick's arm. "To which room?"

"Bathroom."

"Not creepy at all." She muttered before the three disappeared leaving Jason Todd in the main room.

Eleanor leaned against the bathroom wall as Dick tied the man to metal. Her arms were crossed as she watched him.

"You do know what you did was dangerous, don't you?" Dick asked, keeping his tone calm. He glanced at the teenager.

"I'm sorry, okay? Is that what you want to hear? It was more dangerous having a sleep-deprived man drive for six hours or whatever, I did us a favour, okay? I didn't mean for it to be a bad thing, I wanted to help."

Dick watched the bright-haired girl, taking in her words. He knew her heart was in the right place, he knew her reckless behaviour was for a reason. A sigh left his lips as he nodded. "Thank you, but don't do that again."

"Why?" She leaned forward, her head tilted and eyes narrowed. "Scared you dead boyfriend might kill you?"

"Shut up."

"Oh ho! So you did date Nathan?"

"I didn't say that."

"Uh-huh, so you did?"

Dick shook his head with an amused smile. "Maybe."

"So if he didn't get mutilated, you totally would have become my brother in law." She gushed a genuine grin on her lips at the idea. "That would have been so cool."

But sorrow washed over her face as she realised Nathan Shelby was dead. Completely shot up by one of Gotham's notorious bad guys.

She leaned against the wall again, running her hand through her hair.

"Do you ever forget their dead? Simply to remember they're all gone?" She asked, an obvious question dedicated to his family and her own.

"All the time." He said, coming to a stand when Adamson was secure. He took the teenager into his arms, her arms quickly wrapping around him. "I can't even tell you it gets better or easier, Els."

She nodded against him, before pulling away. Eleanor stepped over to the mirror, wiping away the tears that had nearly fallen from her eyes. She played with her hair for a few seconds before following Dick out of the bathroom.