20 | the dark side gives pain

Eleanor didn't fully know what she had done or what the others had done. Not until the darkness that clouded her mind had left, not until Rachel killed her father whilst they laid outside the house on the porch.

She remembered details, but not everything.

She pushed herself up instantly and looked at everyone.

She didn't know what she did but she felt bad. Her eyes landed on Gar's face and she realised what happened. She gathered they had beat him, and for that she wished herself to land in hell whenever she final found death.

Eleanor appeared in front of him, giving him space as she stared. "I-I'm s-so so-sorry." She told him, her hand shadowing her mouth.

She stepped to him, watching him flinch away.

"Eleanor?" He asked.

"It's m-me." She promised as he stepped to her.

There was fear in his step but nonetheless he stepped close enough to feel comfort. His fake older sister had beaten him, and he knew it wasn't her fault but there was something so scary about seeing someone you love hurt you.

"I-I'm so sorry." She told him. "C-can cl-clean you up?"

He nodded, taking her hand very loosely in his as she guided him back to the creepy house. She brought him up to the bath room, grabbing a face cloth and filled the sink up with water.

"I-it's best to no-not let the blood stain." She told him, submerging the cloth in the warm water before squeezing the water out, leaving it to be damp.

She very slowly placed her hand to the side of his face to hold him still, telling him everything she was doing before she did it.

Rachel appeared in the doorway watching the two. "Are you two okay?"

The two nodded as she joined them, she sat on the floor whilst they sat on the edge of the bathtub.

"Ho-how are y-you?" Eleanor asked, quickly glancing down as she continued to gently pay Gar's face and clean the blood of his skin.

"I'm okay."

"Yo-you don't h-have to be." She told Rachel, as Gar hissed in pain. "So-sorry."

"Thank you." Rachel spoke, looking at the wall opposite as she leaned her back against the bathtub. "Eleanor?" Eleanor hummed. "Can I try and fix your speech?"

"Uh, ye-yeah. L-let me just finished this."

Rachel nodded, waiting as Eleanor got off the last bit of blood from the boys face. She quickly cleaned his hands before taking a look at his chest and stomach.

There weren't many skin punctures but she was sure one of them had broken a rib or two of his.

"I forgive you." Gar told her, watching as only guilt could be seen.

Eleanor smiled at him, shaking her head.

She stepped away, putting the blood stained cloth back in the water before sitting down opposite Rachel. "Ha-have at i-it, Ray."

"Ray?" Rachel asked. "I like it." She decided, carefully placing her hands on Eleanor's neck, serges of power rushing through her body.

Eleanor clenched her eyes closed.

Rachel let go after a small while and looked at her. "Well?"

"How do we know if it worked?" Eleanor asked. Her eyes widened in happiness. "I'm not . . . I'm not, oh my god! I can talk fully."

Excitement thought against the guilty as she wrapped her arms around Rachel, holding the teenager close. "Thank you, so much."

"Anything, after what you've done for me."