Chapter Two.

(Y/n) fiddled with the key she attached to a golden chain. She dropped the key, letting it dangle from her neck as she smoothed out her outfit. With the key, she had two other necklaces, both of which belonged to her mother. She wore a black sundress over a white button-up. Half of her hair was tied back with a magenta bow and crystals in the shape of raspberries with a green leaf hung from her ears. She had a canvas bag for the smaller objects on her supply list, yet she knew her small arms wouldn't be enough to carry all of her required supplies. She looked up at the sight of someone walking up the path to their front door. 

"She is here!" she informs, leaping up and off the nook. 

"Oh! Lovely," Anastasia's voice came from the kitchen. She moved swiftly out of the kitchen, past the entryway that was parallel to the stairs, and towards (Y/n), holding out a rattling thermos: water and ice, she assumed. She gratefully took the sage green bottle before slipping it into her canvas bag. "Stay hydrated, (Y/n). You'll be moving around a lot today. In summer, at that." She brushed a loose piece of (Y/n)'s hair over her shoulder and once-overs her before nodding approvingly. "Very good," she said. 

"(Y/n)!" Yvette called.

"Coming!" (Y/n) answered. Stepping away from Anastasia, she moved towards the entryway. She stops and slipped on flats before turning at last to Professor Vector. The woman smiled, nodding her head in greeting. (Y/n) made the same action. 

"And you'll—" Anastasia began worriedly.

"Stay with Professor Vector? Yes," (Y/n) replies. 

"You won't—"

"No, I already ate."

"But you don't know how long you'll be gone!"

"She'll be fine, 'Stasia," Valorie laughed, coming down the stairs. "But you'll keep close to Septima?"

"Yes," (Y/n) sighed out. 

"And you'll spend your money wisely!" Yvette adds. "Prioritize your school list!"

"Yes, Miss Yvette," (Y/n) mumbled, quite embarrassed of their harassment in front of one of her teachers.

"It might be wise to grab a raincoat," Professor Vector chimed. 

"And an umbrella at that," Anastasia murmured, looking past the professor. 

"Ooh, let me go grab you one, dove," Valorie said. She hurried back upstairs. As they waited, (Y/n) grabbed her olive umbrella. It was folded into a small bundle. She slipped her hand through the strap and out of it again, patiently waiting. 

Valorie returned, holding the moss green coat out for (Y/n). (Y/n) slid her hands through it, finding the sleeves a tad too long. Valorie looked at (Y/n) in thought. 

"I knew I over-guessed your measurements..." she mumbled. Everything other than the sleeves fit (Y/n) to a tee, if the coat was meant to reach her ankles, that is. Valorie tied the coat around (Y/n)'s waist, keeping the brown buttons unbuttoned. "Alright, we'll see you later, dove." She gently patted the girl's cheek. (Y/n)'s shoulders drop in a 'finally' motion. 

"And we'll come around... two to help you with carrying your supplies, alright?" Yvette adds. "See you, (Y/n)."

"Bye," (Y/n) said, turning on her heels and following Professor Vector to the door. She pauses, looking back at her godmothers before hurrying back to properly part with them. Anastasia hugged her tightly in a motherly fashion, slowly rocking her back and forth. Valorie was more gentle and tender with her hug as though she thought the girl would crack if she held on too tightly. Yvette rested her chin atop the girl's head, a sway in the action.