Chapter Thirteen.

"It was Snape," Ron was explaining. "We all saw him. He was cursing your broomstick, muttering, he wouldn't take his eyes off you."

"Rubbish," said Hagrid, who hadn't heard a word of what had gone on next to him in the stands. "Why would Snape do somethin' like that?"

Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at one another, wondering what to tell him. Harry decided on the truth.
"I found out something about him," he told Hagrid. "He tried to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween. It bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding.

Hagrid dropped the teapot. "How do you know about Fluffy?" he demanded.

"Fluffy?"

"Yeah— he's mine— bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year— I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the—"

"Yes," said Harry urgently.

"Now, don't ask me anymore," said Hagrid gruffly. "That's top-secret, that is."

"But Snape's trying to steal it."

"Rubbish," said Hagrid again. "Snape's a Hogwarts teacher, he'd do nothin' of the sort."

"So why did he just try and kill Harry?" cried Hermione. The afternoon's events certainly seemed to have changed her mind about Snape. "I know a jinx when I see one, Hagrid, I've read all about them! You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all, I saw him!"

"I'm tellin' yeh, yer wrong!" said Hagrid hotly. "I don' know why Harry's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn' try an' kill a student! Now, listen to me, all four of yeh— yer meddlin' in things that don' concern yeh. It's dangerous. You forget that dog, an' you forget what it's guardin', that's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicolas Flamel—"

"Aha!" Harry exclaimed, "so there's someone called Nicolas Flamel involved, is there?" Hagrid looked furious with himself. (Y/n) and Hermione exchanged a glance. Looks like they had some research to do.

"Every day, we get closer and closer to our first game together," Stephen said as he paced in front of the team. In the two months, they had been training, they all grew quite close. Like a family. The boys had a younger sister they could constantly tease and (Y/n) had a bunch of overprotective boys. "We've successfully managed to keep our tiny player a secret—"

"Tiny?"

"You heard me," Stephen said coolly. They all fell silent before laughing, teasing (Y/n). To be fair, she was on a team of a bunch of fit guys and she was a tiny second year. 

"Very cute, very funny," (Y/n) muttered bitterly. "Comedic geniuses."

"Tell us something we don't know."

"Listen here—"

"All right, practice, lads and lady!" Stephen laughed, clapping his hands and gaining the team's attention. "I want to talk about strategies today. We want no specific strategy, but we do want to be compatible together, as a team. Especially because Hufflepuff goes for the same plan, stick as a pack if you get what I mean. We want to be on the same kind of level as in understanding our teammates' movement."

"That's extremely difficult with this one," Roger Davies said, nodding his head down at (Y/n). 

"No, no, she can be read," insisted Craig McKibben, their Keeper. "She's unpredictable, but she keeps herself open. You get what I mean? Like, I hardly have to play and I notice she stands back and calculates the game. Very smart." The boys snickered.

"Hope you don't mind me bringing a friend," said Adrian as he joined (Y/n) and Cedric, both of whom paused their conversation. (Y/n) smiled, waving her fingers in their direction before returning to what she was saying.