Chapter Seventeen.

"Yes, yes, I know, I know," (Y/n) huffed as her godmothers went through the same requests they did just last semester.

"We're just worried!" said Anastasia. "It takes at least two weeks to get letters back and forth between one another! Just— Just stay safe, all right?"

"Yes, ma'am," (Y/n) mused. "Can I go? I see Cho!"

"All right, all right. Have... fun," Anastasia finished right as (Y/n) ran off and leapt into Cho's arms. "They grow up so fast!" she wailed.

"Cho!" (Y/n) beamed, tightly hugging the girl.

"(Y/n)!" Cho greeted, equally as excited. "How was your winter break?"

"Decent. But I missed Hogwarts," (Y/n) answered as the two carried their bird carriers towards the train.

"You missed school?" Cho mused, stepping onto the train before (Y/n).

"And the people, of course," (Y/n) said grinning.

"You flatter me," Cho said as she looked for an empty compartment. "You think anyone's found a compartment yet?" she asked.

"Dunno," (Y/n) mumbled. "What if we are separated for the entire train ride?" she asked dramatically. Cho grinned, nudging her.

"Then we'll see them at Hogwarts," she said. "I wonder if we'll have to ride the boats again."

"Probably not. Not everyone went home."

"Good point," Cho said as she slid open an empty compartment. "In we go."

"I packed lunch and breakfast this time around," (Y/n) sang, stepping in. "Though, if it's only the two of us, I guess it'll be more than just two meals..." Cho grinned. When the two got settled in, (Y/n) took out a wooden container and opened it, revealing (still warm) ham and swiss croissants.

"Oh wow," Cho murmured, staring at the food as (Y/n) offered it to her. She took her pick on a croissant. "You think one of your Hufflepuffs will give you access to the kitchens?" she asked, biting into the breakfast.

"Tonks and Penny are friends with the prefects," (Y/n) said. "And I'm pretty sure I already have them wrapped around my finger... so, yeah. I do think I'll get access to the kitchens." Cho snickered.

"Speaking of Hufflepuffs," said Cho, "guess who sent me a holiday present?" She grinned.

"Cedric," (Y/n) answered in an instant. Cho nodded excitedly. "What did you get? What did you get?" (Y/n) matched her excitement.

"Ink," Cho said, trying not to grimace. (Y/n) burst into laughter. "And," Cho continued, ignoring (Y/n)'s laughter, "a nifty set of quills," she added.

"It's— It's sweet that he remembered you ran out of ink," (Y/n) laughed, wiping her eyes.

"That wasn't funny, (Y/n)!" Cho cried. "That was embarrassing! I'm lucky that we even got a re-do on our impressions of one another! But the fact that he remembers me as the girl who spilt ink on him?" Cho groaned, leaning back in her seat.

"Spilt ink all over who?" a voice chirped.

"Leanne!" Cho and (Y/n) greeted brightly, making room for the girl. 

"Come in, come in, we're just eating breakfast," (Y/n) said, offering her a croissant when the girl sat down. 

"We were just talking about Cedric," Cho answered Leanne's previous question. "Now, did you see Mari, Katie, or Anthony?"

"No," Leanne answered gloomily. "You two were the first I ran into. And the train's leaving soon too..." she trailed off. 

"Oh... They're probably further back!" Cho said. "Should we risk going in search of them and potentially losing our cart or just staying here?"