Chapter Four.

(Y/n) sat by herself during the reception. Harry and his family were simply crowded with people who wanted to see the Potters after a good eleven years; Dorcas and Marlene were crowded with well-wishers; Neville was dancing with his bubbly mother; Mary and (Y/n)'s godmothers were passing out cake; the Weasleys were with each other— with the exception of Ginny, who was dancing with Luna; (Y/n) saw Andromeda and Ted dancing with one another but had no clue on where Tonks was. In other words, (Y/n) was entirely alone.

"Hey, stranger," a voice greeted, sliding into an empty seat at (Y/n)'s table. She glanced over, spotting Remus. "Mary thought I should come give you company, so here I am."

"You don't have to," (Y/n) said quietly.

"And you don't have to be sitting alone," Remus retorted. "I doubt you want to spend your evening with a bunch of adults, so let's see... who might you know?" He looked around. "There's Neville, of course... Poor Harry can't catch a break... What about the Weasleys?" He looked at her.

"I don't want to interrupt their family time," (Y/n) objected. Remus sighed, continuing to look around.

"Luna?"

"With Ginny."

"Bloody hell," Remus muttered. (Y/n) smiled as Remus slouched in defeat. "Cedric!" he said, sitting up again. "How could I forget him? He's somewhere around here, I think. I just saw the Diggorys."

"Then he's probably with Tonks," (Y/n) said. Remus rose an eyebrow.

"You know the Tonks?"

"Mhm. Spent Spring Break with them," (Y/n) answered. 

"Really?" Remus asked, partially in disbelief. "Have your families known each other long?"

"Apparently," (Y/n) shrugged. "But I met Dora this year. This year as in this school year."

"I see..." Remus hummed, glancing around the room. "Any idea where they are?"

"Nope," (Y/n) chirped. "But I prefer being alone or not at parties at all."

"...introvert?"

"Introvert," (Y/n) confirmed. Remus nodded.

"Well, you've got six more years to work on that... or not. Either way, you've got some friends, I assume?"

"Some is a little underwhelming."

"Oh?"

"Oh."

"Don't get mad!" (Y/n) cried, holding her bedroom door shut as Valorie tried entering.

"(Y/n) (Y/m/n) (Y/l/n)!" Valorie shouted scoldingly. "If you ruined your hair—"

"No! Not my hair! I would never cut my own hair," (Y/n) answered, pressing her back against the door.

"Then what... is your... problem?" (Y/n) could practically hear Valorie's frustration as she tried forcing the door open.

"What's the hold-up?" Yvette shouted from downstairs. "We're waiting on you two!"

"She won't come out!" Valorie cried back.

"Huh?" (Y/n) heard Anastasia's more distant voice. "What's wrong? Is she sick?"

"A sick person wouldn't be able to hold a door shut with this much strength!" There was some murmuring from Anastasia before she went up the stairs. She tapped her nails against (Y/n)'s door.

"If you don't open this door, I'm banning phone usage until you have to leave for Hogwarts," Anastasia said warningly. (Y/n) could tell her teeth were gritted.