Chapter Nineteen.

"Isn't she great?" Parvati sighed, cupping her chin in her palms. Hermione rose an eyebrow, following both Parvati and Lavender's gaze.

"Oh my— Wow, that Bludger did a number..." Hermione said, trying to hide her surprise.

"Huh?" Ron asked, his mouth full. He looked in the same direction they were and went on to choke. This started a chain of looking in (Y/n)'s direction. (Y/n) herself was surrounded by a concerned group of people (most of which didn't even acknowledge her before she got hurt and she was sure that things would have remained that way if she wasn't gaining popularity by being on the Quidditch team). She appeared to be on the brink of bursting into tears. Penelope, Robert Hillard, and a third Ravenclaw prefect had to come and break the crowd up, much to (Y/n)'s relief. The girl went on to groan and hide her face.

"Poor girl," Angelina murmured, eating her breakfast. "Breaks her nose and now she can't catch a break."

"Did you see how beat up her face was?" Hermione hissed.

"Well, duh. What'd you think she got hit by? Something soft?" Ron scoffed.

"Yes! Yes, I did!" Hermione stated. "She looks like she got hit by a cannonball! I thought Bludgers were more of... dodgeballs!"

"No, no they aren't," Harry said.

"I think she'd be dead if she got hit by a cannonball," said Dean.

"No, no! Don't say that!" Hermione cried.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) was folding a paper raven, much to the confusion of Cho, Marietta, and Padma. She went on to hold it in her hand before blowing it and sending it off to the Gryffindor table. To do this, it had to fly over the Slytherin table and a blonde girl was even kind enough to blow it back into the air when it started falling.

(Y/n) beamed, sending the girl a grateful look. Daphne Greengrass only smiled. Hermione's rambling about how joking about death wasn't funny came to an abrupt stop as the crow landed on the tip of her plate. She let it crawl onto her hand before curiously looking around. (Y/n) motioned at her to open it. As she did so, Ron and Parvati tried catching a look. Hermione went on to read it out loud:

How do you keep a
Gryffindor in suspense?

Hermione snorted before shaking her head disapprovingly at herself, disappointed that she laughed. She hurriedly scribbled down an answer before clumsily folding the note back up and sending it to (Y/n). She watches expectantly as (Y/n) caught the bird before letting it sit on the table. Without looking at the bird, she continued her conversation with her friends, adding to the Gryffindors' anxiousness.

Hermione caught up to (Y/n) in an instant after their breakfast. (Y/n) glanced in her direction, smiling softly. They had a brief conversation about (Y/n)'s wrist and nose and (Y/n) explained that the only difficulty she had with her injuries was breathing, seeing as her left wrist was perfectly fine right in time for classes.

"You're left-handed?" Hermione asked. (Y/n) hummed and nodded her head.

"I had a teacher that would mark my points down due to me writing with my left hand because it was 'abnormal,'" she informed.

"Who?" Hermione demanded.

"Oh, no one here," (Y/n) said. "No one other than Snape, I mean. He'll mark me down for my handwriting, but I'd say my handwriting is completely eligible. And spelling errors just aren't a thing for me." Hermione smiled, shaking her head.