Chapter Eighteen.

(Y/n) was quite literally trembling as she got her Quidditch gear. She was using green ribbon to tie her hair into two low buns that sat just behind her ears. It was currently March meaning (Y/n) only had one week until she would be going to the Tonks. Nearing Spring Break also meant exam season was three months away which also meant homework would start piling up. She eventually joined the team outside and was nothing short of frightened.

"Main goal: keep Frodo Baggins here safe," Stephen instructed as he nodded his head down at (Y/n), who gaped at him in offence.

"First of all, I'm surprised you know what a Hobbit is, second of all, how dare you compare me to a Hobbit!"

"Keep Cupcake safe and score at least one hundred and fifty points, I mean," Stephen corrected. (Y/n) scowled as the boys laughed and started walking to the Quidditch field.
Meanwhile, in the stands, the golden three sat with a group of various Gryffindors, looking down at the field where the Slytherins were already gathered.

"Who are we looking for again, Hermione?" asked Parvati Patil, looking up from her binoculars.

"Only girl down there," Hermione answered, still looking through the binoculars. "(Y/l/n) will be on her robes."

"Small little thing," Fred chimed. The Gryffindors snickered.

"Don't let her hear that," Katie Bell mused.

"(Y/l/n), there!" Lavender Brown pointed out. They all followed her finger, spotting (Y/n) standing still and watching as three pairs of her teammates waltzed around with one another.

"Wonder what's going on," Parvati commented.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and wiped away her tears. The team beamed at her as she crossed her arms, refusing to look at them as she tried not to smile.
"You guys are awful at comforting people, you know that?" she said.

"You're laughing, aren't you?" Roger teased.

"Not for you," she stated stubbornly before pointing where a majority of the Ravenclaws sat with posters of encouragement for their team. "Cho, Mari, and Padma are somewhere in that."

"I don't know about you, but it looks like she was crying," Angelina said, pulling the binoculars away from her face.

"Is that Adrian's little friend?" a voice sighed sardonically from the last row. "Really don't know what he sees in her..." Looking back, Pansy Parkinson was spotted.

"She's nice, really," Cassius insisted. "If you look past all the oddity in that one, that is."

"I'm not sure oddities and being Muggle-born are things I can look past," Pansy stated. The Slytherins snickered and the Gryffindors scowled.

"Well, Parkinson, being mean and cold-hearted aren't things easily tolerated either," Parvati sneered.

"Don't tell me you're soft-hearted for the filthy little—" Pansy began. And things, maybe, would have gone south if Lorenzo Berkshire didn't interject.

"Look! The game's starting!" he stammered nervously. The girls glared at each other before facing forward. 

"And they're off!" Lee announced. "Kleinbaum of Ravenclaw is the first in possession of the Quaffle. He instantly tosses it to Davies and the two make their way towards the Slytherin goalpost— Ooh— (Y/l/n) ducks under two Bludgers. Nasty things. Davies passes— Ooh, no, intercepted by Pucey of the Slytherins! He makes his way in the opposite direction, passes to Flint— intercepted by (Y/l/n)! She speeds her way back down the fie— OUCH!" Lee shouted as, when (Y/n) went to toss the Quaffle, a Bludger collided with her wrist. The Ravenclaws froze in anticipation (giving the Slytherins the chance to steal the Quaffle) as (Y/n) grimaced, closing her eyes. She flailed her wrist, showing she was fine with a thumbs up, but the second the boys returned to playing, she peered down at her wrist, keeping it as still as possible. Definitely an injury.
"Pucey shoots and— misses, he misses!" Lee continued. The time passed. The game continued in a similar manner as, as the Ravenclaws predicted, (Y/n) was a huge target for both bludgers and two of the three Chasers to advance at. Luckily, they had prepared for this. She hoped, at least. Death via a Bludger was not how she wanted to go out.