Chapter Eighteen.

"May I do my Defence homework in here?" (Y/n) asked after Olivia gave her the approval to come into the room.

"Mhm," Olivia hummed. She waved her wand around, getting (Y/n)'s usual cup of tea going. (Y/n) began her homework, her foot tapping rapidly on the floor. Eventually, she couldn't concentrate and she looked around the room at Olivia's photos. The ones on her wall and desk all had either a friend or family member in them and each seemed to be in a different part of the world. There was a recurring man in the majority of the photos.

"How can you stand it?" (Y/n) asked, finally breaking the silence. Olivia hummed questioningly, slowly tearing her eyes off the work she was grading. "Being here for the year," (Y/n) clarified. "You seem to travel a lot."

"I do," Olivia confirmed. "But being able to teach for the very subject that I travel for was a hard opportunity to pass."

"Even with the supposed curse?" (Y/n) asked. Olivia shrugged.

"Yeah, why not," Olivia said. "Getting other people passionate over the things I too am passionate for is a nice feeling, don't you think?"

"Well, I really wouldn't know," (Y/n) admitted.

"Wanna tell me about it?"

"Yeah," (Y/n) murmured. "I feel like I'm not doing anything I'm really interested in."

"Like...?"

"I do not think I would be very interested in ice skating if my mum didn't ice skate," (Y/n) began. "But I can't drop it either because I know someone will be disappointed in my decision."

"But would you be disappointed?"

"Huh?"

"Would you be disappointed if you didn't ice skate?"

"Well, I like it now," (Y/n) said. 

"Do you like it because your mum liked it and you like feeling close to her or... because you like ice skating?" Olivia asked. (Y/n) didn't answer, giving Olivia the answer she needed. "Why not take the time and ask what you want? What do you like? What do you dislike?" Olivia suggested. "I'm no therapist so I can't give the best advice... But I can suggest that you start writing in a journal what you liked about the day and what you didn't like about the day... Learn about yourself in the way you'd learn about your best friend. Write in a journal like you're writing to a distant friend. It's what I do."

"Your first game as an announcer," said Tonks a mere week later. "How does it feel?"

"Terrifying," (Y/n) answered, fixing her scarf. "Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff, right?"

"Mhm," Lee confirmed. (Y/n) looked between Lee and Tonks with amusement.

"I have no hope for either team," Tonks said bluntly. "Maybe Cedric will completely crush the Gryffindor seeker."

"Don't doubt that," Lee agreed.

"Tonks, Jordan, I want no biases in this match. That clear?" Professor McGonagall said. 

"Yes, ma'am," the two chorused, saluting her. She shook her head disapprovingly before leading the trio up to an announcement stand.

"Sweet mother of Jonker," (Y/n) murmured. "This somehow feels more unsafe than actually riding a broom," (Y/n) murmured. Unlike the regular stands, this stood off on its own. The stairs that lead up to it were much like those found in an alleyway; winding, thin, and not very sturdy. 

"None of you are dressed properly for the season," Professor McGonagall scolded. (Y/n) looked down at the grey turtleneck she wore beneath a brown sweater that was tucked into her jeans. She supposed bringing a thicker jacket than her black coat wouldn't have hurt. (Y/n) buried her face in her Ravenclaw scarf. Tonks, who wore a Hogwarts sweatshirt underneath a flannel jacket and black jeans, looked back at the three following them.