Chapter Seven.

"(Y/n)!" Katie greeted. "Word has it you're sitting with the Harry Potter." (Y/n) smiled kindly. She had worn her black silk button-up, her blue plaid skirt, and her blue Ravenclaw blazer. She braided her tie into her hair as she had yet to learn how to tie it. Katie wore, of course, the same uniform but in red.

"And what of it?" (Y/n) mused, folding her cloak in her hands. Katie grinned.

"Just telling you the news," Katie mused, walking alongside her. "Wow. First day and I already know somebody who knows Harry Potter."

"You better leave him alone," said (Y/n). "Poor boy can't catch a break." Katie hummed. "Tell the others I said hi."

"I'm sitting with Alicia, Angelina, Lee... you know, that lot," Katie said.

"Well, tell them I said hi," (Y/n) mused. "And the others if you see them."

"Aye-aye, captain."

(Y/n) returned to their compartment right as a voice echoed through the train: "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes' time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately."

Harry's stomach lurched with nerves and Ron, he saw, looked pale under his freckles. On the other hand, (Y/n) was quite bubbly. The boys crammed their pockets with the last of the sweets and joined the crowd thronging the corridor. 
The train slowed right down and finally stopped. People pushed their way toward the door and out onto a tiny, dark platform. Harry shivered in the cold night air. Then a lamp came bobbing over the heads of the students and Harry heard a familiar voice:
"Firs' years! Firs' years, over here! All right there, Harry?" Hagrid's big hairy face beamed over the sea of heads.

"Bye," (Y/n) told the two. She then jogged off in search of her friends.

"C'mon, follow me— any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs' years follow me!"

"—and that catches us up to today," Cho finished her eventful summer.

"Oh to have an eventful summer," Marietta sighed, a playful smile on her face. "The only eventful thing I did was attend a family reunion at my own house." Before their conversation could continue, in walked Professor McGonagall again with a line of first years behind her. The professor was clad in emerald-green robes and she had a stern expression on her face as she stopped. The first years looked around in bewilderment as Professor McGonagall went off and placed the Sorting Hat on a four-legged stool.
(Y/n) grimaced as Cho and Marietta grinned at her and from the Gryffindor table, Katie gave her the same grin. Memories from their first year were clearly playing. (Y/n) shook her head.
A rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth— and the hat began to sing:

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindor apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!
"