10 | Honesty

Haru didn't want ice cream

But he did want cookies.

When Haru ended up requesting an oatmeal raisin at a nearby bakery, though, Gojo had to will everything in his body to not outwardly question and mock his own son's terrible taste.

Who even likes oatmeal raisins? Gojo thinks as he sits across from Haru in the dining area, observing the latter excitedly pick out small chunks of baked dough before placing them into his little mouth.

Gojo inwardly blames you for the child's terrible taste.

He recalls how you yourself were a fan of the plain chocolate chips.

White chocolate macadamia, of course, is the better cookie by far.

Nonetheless, when Gojo—as promised—had picked up Haru before you could, the man finds himself staring at his mini-me.

Haru looks like he was spat out of the copy machine.

I've got some strong sperm, the sorcerer internally comments.

As the estranged father, there are also many things that he wants to learn about the intriguing boy in front of him.

However, there is even more that he wants to learn about you.

This moment is his chance.

Leaning across the table, Gojo anchors his elbows onto the surface and rests his chin into an empty palm, full lips tucked together into a contemplative expression.

"Won't mommy be looking for you, Haru?" he asks, referring to how the two of them have been sitting in the cozy shop for over twenty minutes after dismissal.

The said boy shakes his head.

"Mommy thinks I'm in afterschool."

Thoughts returning to you and your betrayed heart, Gojo huffs.

"Well, let's have a small chat before your mom thinks you've gone missing."

"Okay," Haru chirps.

The child then breaks off a generous portion of the oatmeal raisin cookie and raises the piece to Gojo.