5; thantophobia

✦ ♡ ✦

"Oh there you are, I thought I'd be late because of you," Taehyung said walking to Jeongguk as soon as he spotted him at the end of the alleyway.

"Huh? You were waiting for me?" Jungkook was surprised.

"Oh yes, actually I wanted to go school with you, you know, in case Woojin is there." Taehyung murmured looking down at his feet. Woojin had slapped him just last night, Taehyung wasn't ready to face him just now.

"Oh right, I can understand, you might be scared." They started waddling towards the school slowly.

"I mean, as I said, it wasn't the first time, so I am not scared precisely, but he called me names last night, and that wasn't very good of him, I am angry you know?" Taehyung jutted his lower lip out and placed his hands on his hips, trying to show how mad he was.

The action was extremely cute of him, Jungkook had to push his hands in his pocket balling his fists, he didn't know what he would do.

"Yes, you have every right to be mad, and you don't even have to endure the pain he is giving you, Taehyung Hyung you are perfect just as you are. You really don't have you change yourself for someone who doesn't even care."There are people who care, really care for you," including me. He wanted to add but he didn't.

Jungkook already had thought he would talk to Taehyung about it, because he was so hurt when he learnt that Woojin used to hit Taehyung, the precious boy with the most contagious smile and soft cuddly self deserves to be loved and taken care of.

"You can wear whatever the fuck you want, you can talk however you want, you can walk however you want, eat whatever you want, you can be however you want to be. No one will authorize that for you but yourself. You have to take care of yourself. Your precious self."

It looks like jungkook had already planned what things he should be saying to him, he was choosing words carefully, he noticed how taehyung was self-conscious, insecure and cautious all the time.

"I... I know, but I can't get myself to wear what Woojin doesn't like, eat what he disapproves of, or talk loud in front of him." Taehyung put the brakes on his speed.

He wasn't afraid of being late now, he just wanted to converse with Jungkook, to let this all out and take advice from a friend. He wanted friends he could hang out with, but again, Woojin doesn't like him being friends with someone else.

"Why can't you, Hyung?" His voice was soft like always, talking to him with kindness.

"Because then Woojin won't love me anymore, he'd leave me, I'd be alone. I don't even have friends Jeongguk." He finally let out. What he was anxious about.

"Hyung, look at me." They stopped by the entrance. Neither of them realized when they arrived at the building.

"Even if he left you, I am here, you have me, you have us now, Me and my friends would love to hang out with you, Hyung, but only if you want," Jungkook said making the older scream mentally, he was lucky he found Jungkook. He was everything a friend could ask for.

"Then come for a walk with me after school? We can be best friends." Taehyung gave his glorious and bright smile and Jeongguk found himself smiling.

"What time?" Jeongguk was staring into his eyes, they were just so beautiful, he remembers he used to wish to stare deep into his eyes, observe his cute nose closely and touch his cute cheeks.

"I'll pick you up." Taehyung turned still grinning and entered the school, waving the last time in his direction. Jungkook waved back with a smile.

"AHEM," he flinched by the sudden, fakest sound of throat clearing and turned around to see all three of his friends watching with teasing smiles on their faces.

He was happy, he will definitely tell them all the things that happened last evening, he had tea to spill. He smiled his bunny smile and strolled towards them.

✦ ♡ ✦

"Oh, Hey Jungkook!" Taehyung again showed up running to him and greeted him.

"Hey, Hyung." To be honest, jungkook was a little confused, and he let his face show that. Taehyung might have seen this, so he explained.

"I was thinking about our conversation and I realized I never greeted you in the morning, so, hello! Also, I wanted to thank you." Taehyung leaned against the locker beside Jungkook's and let out.

"Umm, hey! And thank me for what?" Jungkook closed the lockbox door.

"For the last night, for the morning, and for accepting my request for a walk after school." Taehyung counted on fingers, tucking his hair behind his ear.

Taehyung was effortlessly beautiful.

"Oh come on Hyung, we are friends, you don't have to say this, oh wait, are we friends, I didn't ask you-"

"We are best friends, Gguk!" Taehyung beamed clapping and squealing. The sound Jungkook always wanted to hear, he called him by a nickname and smiled at him, is that a dream? Even if it wasn't, it definitely did feel like one.

✦ ♡ ✦