chapter two

A man and a woman looked through their window and saw as the carriage tilted back and forth with the weight of the woman outside. "Fish merchants" she scowled as she began her song "its a terrible day"

The man, her husband tried to reassure her "now don't be that way" "It's a terrible day for a wedding" she started walking away from the window as her husband stepped off of the tables and chairs onto the grownd, revealing that he was actually only half as tall as his wife. He waddled behind her, following close by "its a sad, sad state of affairs we're in" "that has led to this ominous wedding"

"How could our family have come to this?" Her husband asked and they both continued "to marry off our daughter to the nouveau riche"

"They're so common" "so course" "oh it couldn't be worse" "couldn't be worse? Im afraid i disagree. They could be land rich, bankrupt aristocracy" her husband sang as he walked over to a safe, opening it, only to reveal that it was empty, apart from the cobwebs that filled it "without a penny to their name, just like you and me" the woman walked over to the safe and slid her finger on the safes walls, only to the the dark gray dust laid atop the ringer "oh dear" she spoke as they moved back and a maid ran over to dust out the safe.

"And thats why everything, every last little thing, every single, tiny, microscopic little thing must go-" they sang together, stretching out the O in go as the maid left, the safe was closed and a baby picture was hung over it.

"According to plan"  the woman sang and the man followed "our daughter will wed" "according to plan" "our family led" they walked down the hallway as a butler fixed the paintings behind them

"From the depths of the deepest poverty" "to the noble realm of our ancestry" "and who would have guessed, in a million years"

The two stopped at a portrait of a young girl, their daughter, and continued their song "That our daughter with a face of an otter in disgrace" [okay, mean, shes pretty] "would provide our tickets to a rightful place" they two sang their song until the end as they walked away from the portrait to their daughters bedroom down the hallway