chapter seven

Victors pov

Vctoria lit my candle with his and we started "with this..." "hand!" He yelled. "With this hand" i took Victorias hand and walked for steps forward, walking into the table in front of us.

"Three! Three steps! Cant you count! Do you not want to get married!" He yelled and hit my head with the staff he was holding

"No, no!" I yelled, it was the only response i could give after being yelled at and hit "you dont want to be married to me?" Victoria asked "no! I mean yes, i said no because-"

"Pay, attention! Have you even remembered to bring the ring?" The pastor yelled again "the ring? Yes! Of course" i took it out of my coat pocket and walked forward

It slipped from my fingers and bounced twice before rolling "dropping the ring? This boy does not want to get mareied" the ring rolled underneath Lady Everglots dress. I, without realizing what exactly i was doing, reached underneath her dress and grabbed the ring, unknowingly dropping the still lit candle onto the dress.

The dress caught fire and Lord Everglot pushed me out of the way to try to kill the fire. Soon everyone, except for me, tried to kill the fire. After a moment, the stranger, Lord Barkis, threw wine from a glass onto her dress, finally killing the fire. He threw the golden glass drinking glass over his shoulder and the butler caught it with a tray.

"Enough! This wedding cannot take place until he is properly prepared." The pastor spoke as he looked at me, causing everyone else to also look at me "young man. Learn, your, vows" he said walking closer, pointing his finger at me, almost poking at my face while i walked backwards until my back hit the door.

Everyone was staring at me. I disappointed everyone. My heart was racing as my hand reached for the doorknob. Once i felt it, i opened the door and ran out of the room.

I left the building and the town and went to stand on the bridge over a river that separates the town from a nearby forest.

I watched the water flow then heard the news of the dinner rehearsal that was ruined, how the man knew so fast about what happened he would only know, unless they told him themselves. I sighed and walked over the bridge to the forrests side, still hearing him ringing his bell and yelling the news for all to hear