chapter eleven

No ones pov

"What a story it is. A tragic tale of romance, passion and a murder most foul" the one skeleton spoke as everyone else looked at him.

"Hit it boys" he said, rolling his one and only eyeball to the other eye socket and fixing his hat.

The spotlight on the skeleton turned off and a green one was turned on, illuminating the place, giving it a Halloween like vibe.

He started knocking on other skeletons, creating a xylophone like tune to start his song with as another played the piano

"Hey, give me a listen, you corpses of cheer, at least those of you who still hot an ear. Ill tell you a story, make a room quite gloom, of our own jubiliciously stunning corpse groom"

The spot light moved to show the corpse groom in the middle of the room, surrounded by the dead

"Die, die, we all pass away, dont wear a frown because its really okay. You might try and hide and you might try and pray but we all end up the remains of the day"

"Thats right" they all sang together. Victor tried to walk away, to find either a hiding spot or a way out but was pulled back into his place by another skeletal hand

"Well, our boy was handsome, known for miles around, when a mysterious stranger came into town. He was plenty good-looking but down on his cash. He was sweet and charming and so good to our lad. When his daddy said no, he just couldn't cope, so our lover came up with a plan to elope"

"Die, die, we all pass away but dont wear a frown because its really okay, you might try and hide, you might try and pray but we all end up remains of the day" everyone sang along to the song as victor listened to the story told within the lyrics

"So they conjured up a plan to meet late at night. They told not a soul, kept the whole thing tight, now his fathers wedding suid fit like a glove. You dont need much when you're really in love, except for a few things or so im told, like the family jewels and a satchel of gold"

As he sang, the corpse groom looked down, partly ashamed for what he knows hed done

"Then next to the graveyard, by the old oak tree, on a dark foggy night at a quarter to three, he was ready to go but where was his man?"

"And then?" One skeleton asked

"he waited"

"And then?" Two others asked

"There in the shadows, was it his man?"

"And then?" Another asked

"His little heart beat so loud"

"And then?"

"And then baby, everything went dark. Now when he opened his eyes, he was dead as dust. His jewels were missing and his heart was bust so he made a vow lying under that tree, that hed wait for true love to come set him free. Always waiting for someone to ask for his hand"

The crowd made way, the corpse groom and Victor were staring at one another as the song continued. He looked at Victor and held his hand out.

"Then out of the blue comes this groovy young man"

They pushed Victor towards him and they grabbed one another's hands quickly as they began to spin around the room

"Who vows forever to be by his side"

His arm broke off once again and Victor fell back, luckily being caught by two skeletal folks

"And thats the story of our corpse bride!" "Or groom, i had to make it rhyme" he chuckled as the song started coming to an end

"Die, die, we all pass away but dont wear a frown because its really okay, you might try and hide, you might try try and pray but we al end up the remains of the day!"

As the song finished, the groom saw Victor running up the stairs and out of the bar.