chapter twenty two

Another surprise motherf***ers

Your pov

"What?" I asked in the same tone as him, has he been possessed? Is he trying to trick me again? What was his motive here? What was he trying to do?

"You heard me, i want you to marry me. I've realized my feelings for you, you are kindhearted and brave and entrancing and i believe that I have actually fallen for you" he said he he let go of me and the gap between us was the same as before the kiss.

"I don't...you..." i wanted to say yes, but i knew deep down that it wouldn't work "we can't...you're alive and I'm dead, you said it yourself and even if-" i was cut off by him "we can make it work, i can find a way to-"

"No..." my non-beating heart ached as i heard him speak, i knew what he wanted to say, he wanted to find a way to die faster so he could stay in the underworld.

I desperately didn't want to say no but i have no choice, i had been so deep in my fantasy of marrying him that i didn't properly think about it, he was right, we can't be together and i knew that, i just didn't want to believe it.

"(Y/n)..." i turned to look at the girl who said my name "you love him, and he loves you, there must be a way for you to be wed" i looked at Victor then down "there is no way, someone i truly love must die for me to stay here, if they dont, i go back and we can't ever see each other again"

"Loved" we heard an old voice walk closer to us, Elder Gutknecht "i said loved, 'someone you used to love truly and dearly', before you died, since a non-beating heart can't love, it means from when before you went on to the underworld" he gave a knowing smirk, one that would replace a wink and i realized

"Barkis" i breathed out without thinking, knowing I used to love him with all my heart before he stole everything from me and left me for dead.

Suddenly, i felt a warm feeling rush trough my body and soon after my body began to tingle for a moment, i heard gasps as the sensation disappeared "what?" I asked as Victoria and Victor stared at me amazed while Elder Gutknecht only smiled as he shivered, hold his cane

"You're...alive" Victor broke the silence and i looked at my hands, they were no longer the pale, cold, color of the dead, instead they were (skin tone).

I touched my right hand with my left, feeling the heat emanating from it and moved my hands up to my face to feel the same heat, my right hand moved down to my rib cage and i felt solid skin under the suit instead of my rib cage sticking out from decomposition while my left hand laid on my chest, feeling each beat from my heart as blood pumped through it.

I closed my eyes feeling my entire body functioning

"I'm alive" i spoke as i opened my eyes and smiled "and hungry..."