chapter twenty one

Surprise motherf**ker
I updated

Your pov

I smiled as i saw my surroundings change, the fire around me staying. I was in a fireplace, i bent down and climbed out of the fireplace.

I could see Barkis from behind, next to the poor girl. I stepped closer and saw that it was only them. They turned when they geard my footsteps and saw me, i could see Barkis go pale "where is everyone" i asked and Victoria answered as Barkis climbed under the table "the dead, they all rose and are walking among the living" i looked at hee condused "what? Why? How?"

I turned my head slightly to look at Barkis from my side view "coward" i said and turned my attention to Victoria "you can't marry him, he's after your family's riches" i explained and received a confused look "riches? But my family-" she started but was cut off by a door being opened.

We looked at who it was and saw a tired Victor, he looked as if he had ran all the way here. Once he saw us he ran over "are you alright?" I kept quiet, thinking he was speaking to Victoria "(y/n)? Are you alright?"

Caught off guard, i quickly stuttered an answer out "i-think-yes, i, i am" he gave a sigh of what looked to be relief "im glad, why would you come here? You know the consequences, if you say your beloveds name, you'll stay and they'll die" he added

"And if i dont, he'll stay and ill stay dead. Like he wanted from the start" i told him and looked down "he?" He stupidly asked "yes he!, you! What exactly did you think I've been trying to do since you put the ring on my finger? Who else would i be in love with, that cowardice crow?" I said rather loudly while pointing at where Barkis was, he was no longer there so he must've run off to hide.

He stared at me for a moment, contemplating his next move, Victoria just awkwardly standing next to me and i was just waiting for him to reject me again, but that moment never came, instead he moved forward, closing the gap between us and kissed me.

I was surprised at first, thinking he must've lost his mind, or had done this out of pitty, but when he put his hands on my face/around my waist and pulled me closer/moved closer, i couls feel the genuinity and so, i kissed him back, putting my arms around his waist/neck

When we pulled apart he stared deep into my eyes and spoke in a soft tone "marry me"