chapter nine

Victors pov

I yelped as my arm was grabbed by something and was pulled into the ground. I pulled my arm back out as the crows started flying around me. I pulled my arm as hard as i could and fell back as whatever had a hold of me broke.

I looked at my arm and saw the broken thing was still very much attached to me, it was an arm, a skeletal arm, with the ring on its finger, holding onto me. I wriggled my arm and it slipped off, falling a few feet away from me.

I looked at it before looking back at the spot it grabbed me from. The ground there started to move and break away, as if something was trying to get out of it. The ground finally broke open and an arm popped out, grabbing onto a root from the nearby tree, trying to get out of the hole.

Soon, a head emerged, following came a body in a pitch black suit with a white dress shirt and a red tie that was torn in half. The suit was tattered and old looking. On the coat and dress shirt i could see a large hole, through the hole i could see part of a rib cage. One of the suits sleeves was completely ripped off and there was no arm so i assume the skeletal arm that clutched onto me was supposed to be there.

I finally looked up to see the face, it was a male. He stared right back at me before saying "i do" and reaching his other hand out to me.

I gasped and tried to move away from him, i stood up and ran away, over a hill, trying to just get away from him. I tripped and fell, hitting my head on something.  I looked back to see him walking over the hill. I stood up again and tried running but i ran right into a tree.

I ran through the water of the river [ik it was frozen but i didn't want it frozen here] i ran through some twigs, getting stuck on a few and ripping my suit a bit. I finally made it out of the woods and ran to the bridge as crows followed me. I bent down as they passed overhead.

Taking quick and deep breaths, i stood up and looked back, he was gone. I sighed with relief and turned to walk back to the town but was met face to face with him.

He walked toward me as i walked backwards until i couldn't anymore. He put his arms around my waist/on my shoulders "you may kiss the groom" he spoke as he leaned down/stood on his toes/leaned in.

I dont even know if he really kissed me because i passed out.