Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT:

It was time for me to get ready for school. I groaned as I rolled out of bed, and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. I turned on the water and waited for it get warm while I stripped off my pajamas. My body felt amazing under the warm water, and I wished that I could spend the day in there rather than going to school.

I took my time getting dressed, because I was earlier than usual today. I wore my usual black skinny jeans and sweater with some band logo printed at the front. But because I was feeling happy today, I chose to do something different with my hair. My bangs never went anywhere, they stayed there permanently.  The longer they were, the better. But I decided to curl the rest of my hair and straighten my bangs out. I applied eyeliner and mascara, and a hint of gloss. I almost looked good.

I grabbed my bag and my art file and went downstairs, humming a song that Ashton and I have listened to together. When I walked into the kitchen, I was shocked to see Ashton and Cassidy there. I was not expecting them.

"Morning. Someone looks like they're in a good mood." Cassidy spoke, smirking at the end.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" I asked, not trying to sound rude at all.

"I'm taking you to school." Ashton said, then stood from the kitchen table to give me a hug. "You look lovely today by the way. I like what you've done with your hair." He complimented.

"Thanks." I smiled shyly. "Uhm, where's my mom?"

"Said she needed to get ready for work and that you would be down here any minute. And here you are." Cassidy explained.

"And Kellin?"

"Haven't seen him." Cassidy said.

"Okay, are you ready to go?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah."

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I'm not hu-" He cut me off before I could even finish.

"At least have a fruit? For me?" He pleaded, and I couldn't resist. I grabbed an apple and rinsed it, biting into it so that he would see that I'm eating.

"Happy?" I asked with a mouth full of apple.

"Very." He smiled. "Come." He grabbed my hand and led me to the car, Cassidy following behind us.

"Oh no, don't wait for me." She said sarcastically.

"Come along, Cass." Ashton called, and I laughed. He was holding my hand again. It made me feel ....I don't know ...warm and fuzzy? I don't really know.

"Why aren't you holding my hand, Ash?" Cassidy teased.

"Maybe next time." He joked. I loved how playful their relationship was. Reminded me of Kellin and I before life happened. "Why are you wearing a sweater, love? Its kinda hot out today." Ashton asked as he held the door open for me. He called me love? Uhm ...

"I think I'm coming down with something." I lied. He gave me a suspicious look, but said nothing else about it. He got into the drivers seat and started up the car, taking my hand in his once again.

"What is going on with you two?" Cassidy wondered.

"Nothing." Ashton replied then turned up the radio as an Ed Sheeran song came on. Cassidy and I sang along to the song, while Ashton tapped his fingers on the steering wheel along to the beat.

We arrived in front of the school building and Ashton still wanted to open the door for me. How chivalrous. "Have a good day." He said after handing me my bag, kissing me on the cheek. "See you after school."