Chapter Thirty

CHAPTER THIRTY:

McKenzie's POV

"Should I shoot him, or stab him?" Were the first words that Kellin said to me after seeing me crying over Ashton. It had been a week, and I had barely left my room. I was feeling slightly better, but not enough to muster up an actual smile. "I told you I didn't like him."

"Everything was perfect. You don't get it." I cried. Kellin really didn't like Ashton because he was afraid that he would only hurt me. Looks like Kellin was right. He did hurt me.

"I know you really liked him." He mumbled, awkwardly trying to comfort me without being rude about Ashton. "But he's just one guy. I'm sure you'll find someone better."

"That is the most overrated thing that I have ever heard you say." I said, smiling a little.

"Yeah, that's because you don't even want to know what I have to say about this." He scoffed, exaggerating some of his words.

"Please don't do anything stupid." I pleaded. Kellin was so hot headed sometimes, and he always acted on his anger.

"By stupid, do you mean letting him get away with this? I won't."

"Kellin, seriously. You're not going to do anything to him. Just let it go."

"You need to stop letting guys walk all over you, McKenzie." He grumbled.

"I don't allow guys to walk all over me." I scoffed.

"Yes, you do. You let Jace do it."

"No, I didn't."

"You did. You let him get away with what he did to you. I told you to press charges, and you wouldn't."

"Because it wasn't worth it." I said, defending myself.

"Wasn't worth it? Kenzie, those pictures are on the internet forever. I can never forgive him for what he did, and I can't believe that you would let it go so easily."

"It's in the past."

"But it's going to come back and bite you in the ass." He said. I chewed on my bottom lip and looked down at my hands. Kellin was right. It would haunt me forever, and I had done nothing to make him pay. A little beating from Kellin wasn't enough. "Do you still have feelings for him?"

"What? No." I quickly said. But I couldn't deny that there were some feelings. After all, he was my first love. He was also the biggest mistake that I had ever made. I regretted ever being with him, but at the same time, our relationship was a lesson. I wouldn't do it again, but I wouldn't take it away because, because of it, I was stronger.

My conversation with Kellin did not last much longer. I was soon left alone with my thoughts again, and I was starting to regret chasing my brother away. He was only trying to help, but I was too stubborn and too emotional to process it. Laying back in my bed, my earphones shoved deep into my ears, my mind started to wander.

"Don't talk to me like that, Jace." I pleaded.

"You're too fucking clingy!" He slurred. I stood by his side while he drank the night away at a house party that I had been dragged to. He terrified me when he drank so much. It wasn't because he was violent, but it was because he was unpredictable. He had never raised a hand nor had he ever threatened to hit me.