Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

I couldn't remember the last time that Kellin and I had had a long conversation that didn't involve tears or anger. I told him all about Ashton. I told him about how he was the only other person that I had ever known who knew as much music as I did. About how we learnt new things from each other everytime we were together. I skipped the sex part, but told him everything else otherwise.

"Still not convinced." He said once I had finished.

"What do you mean?" I wondered.

"I'll have to have a little one on one discussion with him and see if if I like him or not."

"Really?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, dad's not here to do it, so the task of dealing with your boyfriends now falls on me."

"So, you're going to interrogate my boyfriend?"

"He's not your boyfriend until I say so."

"Whatever you say, Kellin." I laughed. I knew that he was serious about interrogating Ashton. I just hoped that he would go easy on him.

* * *

The sun was shining and the sky was blue. The birds were singing, the flowers looked beautiful. For the first time in forever, I woke up actually wanting to see today. Life didn't look all that colourless.

I hurried to get ready for school and get dressed. I felt in such a good mood that I decided to wear a dress that day. It was a simple red dress that I wore with my denim jacket and black Converse. I did the usual ponytail and finger combing to my hair.

I raced down the stairs once Ashton had texted to tell me that he was waiting outside. I grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl and rushed out the door to meet my boyfriend. I launched myself into his arms and he kissed me on the lips.

"You look beautiful." He complimented as he held the door open for me to climb into the car.

"Thank you." I smiled.  "Where's Cassidy?"

"Said she wasn't feeling well this morning." He explained, and I nodded. "You have nice legs." He said, putting his hand on my thigh.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"You should wear dresses more often."

"You like it?"

"I like it a lot." The rest of the ride to school was spent in near silence as we listened to the same Kings of Leon album from the previous night. There was something about Kings of Leon that made you fall in love. The bass in almost all of their songs made me want to pick up the bass guitar. Charmer wouldn't sound nearly as good without the bass.

I was alone for the day because Cassidy was absent. I regretted wearing a dress, because I felt like everyone was starring at me. Like they could see what I hid beneath my clothes.

I sat silently in class, doing my work and listening to the teachers. At lunch, I sat alone and picked at my food. I looked down at my thighs, and decided that I needed to lose some weight. I didn't eat. I had art last period, and I couldn't have thought of a better way to end the school day off. I sat in my seat, earphones jammed in my ear as I began drawing. It was only once I was almost done with the drawing that I realised that I had drawn Ashton. I smiled and handed it to my teacher to be marked. She smiled at the art that I had produced, and asked who it was that I had drawn. I simply told her that it was Ashton, with no further explanations.

Once the bell had rung, signaling the end of the day, I walked to my locker to drop off all of the books that I did not need, then made my way out of the building. Ashton was already waiting, leaning against his car. I smiled and rushed over to him. I loved how he always told me that I was beautiful, although sometimes I didn't feel like I was.