Chapter 7(2)

Blue's POV

I love my life seriously, at school, I do what I love without being judge for been a 'nerd', I mean I always have good grades but I'm fashionable and have to spend time with my friends, today I met someone that is really nice and I guess we could be friends.

- Well?? Ask Clarissa my stepmother.

My mother died when I was born, I didn't have to know her, Clarissa is like my mom, she came in our lives when I was three years old, I don't consider her as a stepmother but as a mother because she's the one who raised me and she always acted nice with me. She doesn't replace mom in my heart but she's my family.

- Blue ?? She asks again.

I look at her light brown eyes, her hairs were on a messy bun and she had a purple dress that arrive under her knees, she looked stunning.

- Uh ?? I ask confuse.

She sigh and reply.

- Your dad is wondering what are you going to wear at the "PRETTY BALL" !?

- I don't think I'm going this year!

- Don't say that, your dad prepare this ball every year for your mother.

Clarissa always respected my mother, they were friends actually, she told me how pretty and talented she was, she loved dance and she was a really good lawyer.

- I know but... I don't feel like going!

- Sweety, if you don't want to go, talk to your dad, if it was for me you could do what you want! She says taking another gulp from her glass of champagne.

- I know !!

The "Pretty Ball" was for my mom, on her living, she loved to party so my dad had this idea of doing a ball just for her, reminding people how amazing she was! Clarissa agreed right away, I asked her if she didn't feel weird about this but she said to me that she knew my dad won't love her like he loved my mom and she's OK with it.

I loved going to the 'Pretty Ball' for 18 years but now not so much, not that I'm getting bored of it, because every years, there's a theme that makes it interesting, but when I was 18, my crush Chad, embarrassed me at this ball since then I hate going in it!!

Clarissa kiss my forehead before heading to the kitchen, I follow her and we started making cookies.

- I'll talk to him when he's back!!

- OK boo !! But why do you hate it. You started hating it last year.

- Um... Don't want to talk about it!

She nodded but she won't let it go, I know she won't, she doesn't give up easily. She takes another gulp of her champagne.

- Why do you drink?? She started one month ago and I always wondered why.

- Let's make a deal!!

I nodded " OK, what is it? " I ask.

- I'll answer if you answer!

I sigh, I knew she weren't going to give up.

- Fine!!!

- OK then! My mom has breast cancer and I don't know, I can't let her go, she's the one that push me to arrive where I was now. I'm the best lawyer because I work for it but most of it was because of her, she push me, tell me I could do this and I did. I was in love with a man that broke my heart by married with an other girl but she told I could find love and see I did. Your turn. She says taking an other gulp of her champagne.