Pop-Star

"So you just left her there?" Jane said, as she looked up at kai, while she ate her sandwich.

"Yeah, I didn't wanna stoop down to her level by killing her. Plus that's just give her exactly what she wanted." Kai said as he looked down at Jane and sipped his coke. He was sitting with Jane at break. He on the table while she was sat on the bench's seat.

"What did she want?" Jane said,  looking at kai with concerned.

"She wanted me to be a monster." Kai said, his voice cold and soft.

"You're not a monster Kai." Jane said as she tried to comfort her friend.

"That's not what they used to say..." Kai whispered. The air went cold. Jane was at a loss. She knew about Kai's past, she knew about them. Kai stared down at his shoes. It had been so many years, yet he still felt broken. He felt something from his back, two arms wrapped around him. Jane sat behind him giving him a large hug. Her head rested against his back.

"The whole world can turn against you Kai, but I'll still be here."

Kai smiled, he was filled with determination, even if he was broken, he could still fight, he could still protect.

____________________________________
•After break•
Kai was walking through the halls, he had a free period now. He had just dropped Jane off at her next class and was walking back to the break area. Kai felt uneasy.

"So you're the new player? I expec-" the voice that was coming from behind him was swiftly silenced. Kai turned around to see none other than Dana, the schools resident pop-star. She was of average hight and had dark skin. She was a bit on the chubbier side but as kai always said, just more of her to love. A card's edge was pressed against her throat.

"Ahhh well hello there!" Kai laughed as he smiled sinisterly. "Friend or foe?"

"I'd say I'm neutral at the moment" Dana said.

Kai pushed his card further into her throat. "I'd say that's not the answer you'd wanna give someone who can kill you in an instant love."

"Listen I'm all for not fighting you..."

"But?"

"But I am under the protection of Anna." Dana sighed.

"Can you guarantee you won't do so much as to touch me?" Kai said pushing his card even deeper.

"Yes" Dana choked.

"Fine." Kai said as he released the card. It flew at great speeds back into his fingers and then into his box of cards in his pocket. "So what the hell do you want?"

"Don't be so hostile, I just came to make sure you were ok." Dana snapped back at Kai.

"Ok? OK!? Your fearless fucking leader tried to steamroll me and you're asking if I'm OK!?"

"I mean most people don't make it out alive against her. Looking at the damages at the school I was sure you'd be dead. Yet somehow she tells me you not only lived, you won?" Dana asked curiously.

"Cmon let's sit." kai said defeatedly

*THEY SIT AND KAI REGALES HIS STORY OF HIS FIGHT*