Kazuko Takara

POV: Kazuko

Location: Near the Park

I was jogging home from my associates grand opening. I would have told my driver to take me home if I knew it was going to rain this bad. I was jogging past the park when I heard a high pitched sneeze. "Ken-chin, I'm hungry." A small voice whined and I slowed down from jogging. 

"Mikey, you ate everything we had and it pouring down out here, everyone is closed." A deeper voice scolded. 

"Draken's right. You ate all the food, you bastard!" Another voice growled. It was a little deeper than the other one but I could tell he was a child. I walked through the gates of the park and followed the voices. 

"Shut up Edward! It's not my fault I was hungry!" The first voice yelled. 

"I'm dumb so I don't care about whose fault it is, I just need something to eat." Someone else said. By this time, I noticed a group of children sitting around the bench. 

"Hey! It's pouring down out here, don't you have to go home?" I asked as I walked closer to the figures. 

"Who's that?" 

"Who's she?" 

"Huh?" 

"What's it to you?" 

Voices trampled each other as I got closer. I noticed that there were 6 children sitting around the bench. 

"Ne pretty lady, do you have any food?" The shortest one asked. He had dark eyes with short blond hair. 

"Uhh, not on my person, where are your parents?" I asked as I looked around the park, not seeing any dark figures that could indicate a person. I looked back to the children to see them looking at the ground. "Would you like to stay with me for the night and call the police station tomorrow?" I asked and they looked at each other before forming a huddle. 

"She seems nice." 

"She has food, what are we waiting for?" 

"You just don't trust everyone who comes along, what if she's like the others?" They all stopped at looked back at me. I gave an awkward wave. 

"She doesn't look like the type." 

"Yeah, she looks nicer." 

"If something bad happen, don't say I didn't warn you." 

"Hmph, Ken-chin I like her, she's not like the other adults." 'Ken-chin' sighed. 

"Fine." They all turned back to me. 

"You sure we can stay tonight? You don't even know us." A lilac-haired boy stepped forward. 

"It's no problem. You're just children, you don't deserve to sleep in the rain. Come on." I held out my hand to him and he stared at it before looking back to the others. The short blond looked at me with stars in his eyes. The lilac haired one smiley slightly at them and grabbed my hand. 

"Thanks." He spoke lowly. I smiled at him. 

"No problem." 

Timeskip

Location: Takara Household

"Keishin, it's me," I yelled over the thunder as I pressed the mic button. 

"Kaz? Where the heck were you?" I heard his panicked voice as the buzzer sounded and I yanked open the gate. I ushered the children in and they gawked at the size of the place. 

"Come one....come on.... we don't need to get even more drenched." I laughed slightly as I nudged them to the house. As I neared the front door, it shot open and a frantic Keishin ran towards me with two arms full of towels. I gave one to each child and had them dry their faces and hair.