Tell Her

POV - Kaz's

Location: Takara Household

I walked back to my room after showing Ken back to the dining area. "Okay, let's see where their families are."

"Tokyo Police Department, how may I help you."

"Yes, I was calling regarding some children I found. I wanted to know if there have been any recent missing cases reported." I tell the male officer who picked up the phone.

"There were actually three recent ones. Uh, a Shuji Hanma and Rindou and Ran, the Haitani brothers." The officer informed me.

"No, I don't have any of them. Can you search for a Manjiro Sano, Ken Ryuguji, Keisuke Baji, Takashi Mitsuya, Haruki Hayashida, and Kazutora Hanemiya. All of them are 5 years old." I tell him.

"Hold on for a second." He says before the line starts playing elevator music.

Location - At the Police Station

POV - Third Person

Masato Tachibana searched for the six kids the woman gave him. Only three names were recognized in the system. 2 as missing children and one for resisting child services. Masato's eyes widened at the sight of what the child was wanted for. "Sir, we have a woman reporting that she has Kazutora Hanemiya along with several other children that she found in the park. What do you want me to do?" Tachibana asked his supervising officer.

"What line is she on?" Naomasa Tsukauchi asked as he reached for the phone.

"Line 3, sir," Tachibana responded.

POV - Kaz's
Location - Takara Household

"Hello. My name is Naomasa Tsukauchi and I'll be taking over your request. I was informed that you have found several children and you were looking for their families." Another man spoke through the phone after the music stopped.

"Yes. Were you able to find anything about them?" I asked as I leaned back into my seat.

"Yes, two of them, Mitsuya and Hayashida were reported missing and Hanemiya is wanted for resisting child services." He told me as I heard papers shuffling.

"Okay, what do I do now? Bring them up there?" I asked.

"Well, first we have to contact the families of the ones missing and contact child services and see what they want to do. Would you mind giving me your name and a number we can contact you with?" He asked and I gave him my name and number. "Takara? As in Kunikida Takara?" He asked.

"Yeah, that was my father. Did you know him?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, I did. He helped solve a lot of cases and funded this department heavily. We still received funds, even now. That must be from you. Thank you." He said.

"No problem," I said awkwardly.

"Well, I will give you a call regarding the children after I've made contact with both families and child services." He told me and I stood up.

"Alright, thank you." I hung up the phone.

**********************************************************************************************

I walk down the stairs to see everyone in the living room now. "Hey guys can Takashi, Pah, and Kazutora follow me please?" I asked as the children all look at each other. "It's nothing bad. They're not in trouble." I smile at them.

"Then why do they need to go with you alone? We'll all go together." Baji stood up and grabbed Kazutora's hand.

"If that's more comfortable for you guys then that's fine." I nod and motion for them to follow me to my office.

"Okay, you all can sit. I just have some questions." I said and I watched as they all took a glance at Kazutora before sitting down. "Okay is there anything you wanna say before I ask any questions?" I look at them softly.

"You won't kick us out either?" Takashi asked playing with his fingers.

"Not at all. I just need you to answer honestly." I smile softly at him and he nods. "Okay, so I call the police department..." I stop when I noticed the panicked look Kazutora gave Baji. "They were able to find out information on three of you." I continue. I watch their reactions and Takashi, Pah, and Kazutora look the most panicked.

"Who were the three?" Ken asked calmly, staring me in the eye. He's very bold for a 5-year-old. He acts like he's 15 years old.

"Takashi, Pah, and Kazutora," I tell him not breaking eye contact with him.

"Now they are contacting your families and child services for you. I called you here for you to tell me if there are any problems. If there was a reason that you left home or a reason why child service is after you. I'm not forcing you to tell me anything but I cannot help you if I don't know what's happening. Now is there anything you guys wanna tell me?" I asked and they all shake their heads no. I stare at them for a second and nod. They're not going to tell me anything right now. "Are you sure?" I asked and no one said anything. "Alright. I'm here if you need me. Today we'll be going to find you some clothes and stuff for while you stay here. Stay here while I go talk to Diablo about us leaving." I stood up and walked out of the room, closing the door.

POV - Third Person
Location - Takara House Hold (Kaz Office)

"Crap...crap....crap....crap...she's onto us. " Baji muttered and everyone else looked at each other.

"What do we do? I can't go back there." Kazutora stated as he looked to Mikey with wide eyes.

"Calm down. We're all in this together." Mikey spoke. "She doesn't know anything yet." He told them.

"But she called the police. I can't go back to that woman." Takashi ran his hand down his face.

"You won't. We won't let that happen. We're staying together." Draken tried to calm them down.

"Why don't we just tell her? She probably can help us." Takashi locked eyes with Mikey.

"Absolutely not. She's not going to want me after what I've done. No one does." Kazutora glared at Takashi.

"That was self detect. You were protecting yourself." Baji rubbed Kazutora's back.

"Defence. But yeah, you can't get in trouble for defending yourself. She said she'd let us join her family. Besides if anything does go wrong, we could just leave." Takashi tried to persuade them.

"Pah? Anything to say?" Draken spoke causing all eyes to be on Pah.

"I don't know a lot but I do know that I'm tired of living on the street. These past couple of hours have been the best days of my life. I think we should give her a try," He said honestly, siding with Takashi.

"No, we can't trust her. She's going to turn me in and send you guys back home." Kazutora weakly spoke with tears falling down his face.

"I really think she's not like that. She could help us. We won't know until we try." Takashi spoke to the crying boy.

"We would never let them take you from us. We are going to stay together, like we promised. Please trust me." Takashi stood up and held his hand out to the boy. Kazutora looked up before wiping his eyes.

"Okay. We'll tell her." Kazutora said and then the door opened.

Chapter Word Total: 1208

Rin is Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist. One of the only 3 characters (Rin, Shiro and Kuro) I liked in the show.